back to article 3 and T-Mobile announce site provider

Mobile Broadband Network Limited, the company set up to manage the UK's combined 3G network for operators 3 and T-Mobile, has announced that Arqiva will be providing 5,100 cell sites to be used by both networks. More than year after signing a deal to set up a shared network, Arqiva has signed a deal to provide the sites, a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Dunmore
    Flame

So it will mean "3"....

....could have more than 3 people in network coverage at once. Can't wait to get off that terrible network!

2. john loader

Where Does that leave Orange

Around here if you can't access 3 you reset your handset to Orange, not that there's much difference. Where does that leave Orange in all this? Perhaps us yokels will finally get 3G

3. Bill Cumming
    Thumb Down

So what will happen?

In my area I get Perfect 3.5G signal with "3". But with "T-Mobile" i'm in a signal dead zone, literally!! My house is in the center of a 30m "T-Mobile" Black spot where i get Zero signal! (My area does not even get full 2G coverage from "T-Mobile"!!

So when they combine networks will i loose "3" or gain "T-Mobile"??

4. Bunglebear
    Thumb Down

Evil 3

3 have the most dreadful 3G system I have ever seen. It repeatedly fails to connect to certain websites, requiring a disconnect and reconnect and its coverage is poor. I can only hope this T-mobile mix will improve matters.

5. Shaun
    Thumb Up

RE: So what will happen?

You'll gain T-Mobile

6. Chris
    Thumb Up

3 & T-Mobile

@Bill Cumming It will mean to get T-Mobile & 3 Coverage. You can pick what provider you want to use.

Personally i think its a great move by T-Mobile. They already offer the faster b/band & best 3G Coverage, this will only make them stronger

7. Shaun

RE: 3 & T-Mobile

"great move by T-Mobile"

Even better move by 3, they'll actually have a decent network!

8. David Beck

Will they standardise products too?

Will this mean a standardisation of T-Mobile and 3 products? Today I can buy data from 3 at £1 per GB but T-Mobile costs £4 per GB and doesn't allow Skype. If the networks are identical why would I keep my T-Mobile data SIM?

Looks to me like 3 has boosted its products in terms of innovation (Skypephone, data, ...) and value for money to make up for a weaker network. If it has the same network as the T-Mobile and keeps it's current product portfolio wont it have an advantage?

9. Luther Blissett

Goodbye gouging T-Mobile

12 month web'n'waddle contract just expired - but why was the new bill 200% up? £28.38 a month for dialup speeds and line dropping every minute was taking the piss. (It did 256k at one time, but not for many months, and by then I'd given away the dongle.)

Why was I leaving sir? QOS. Let me just check what we can do for you sir - I see your reception is good - but not for 3G. (Finally ... the truth!). So you'd like to terminate sir, that'll be 30 days notice. I'll cancel now, but I see you've upped my bill, so you'll be charging me 30 days at which rate? Oh you are out of contract now sir so that'll be the new rate. And how do you want to settle? Your final bill sir will be despatched mid May and cover 6 days - if it's over £20 you'll be automatically refunded, if it's less than that you will need to call us for a refund. (Seriously - I have to decide between wasting my time and wasting my money on them). Anything else we can do for you sir? Yes - make a note that I've resolved never to do business with your company again.

Can T-Mobile seriously be expecting 3 to get them out of a hole? When the practise gets sharp, I reckon a company is shortly to fall flat.

10. Patrick Bateman
    Thumb Down

Arsed-up merger

I had perfect service from 3 in my area of London until they started to merge with T-mobile. 6 months of rage followed. They actually gave everyone in this bit of west London £50 credit for the cock-up. But in the end it kept being so unreliable I had to walk away even though they offered to halve the bill. Went with Vodafone, and even though the software says I have 'very poor' signal, it's faster than 3 and no interruptions so far.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like