back to article Altec Lansing Octiv Air wireless iPod speaker system

iPod speaker systems have come on a-ways of late, with units such as Edifier's Luna 5 and B&W's Zeppelin both looking and the sounding the part of serious home audio kit. With wireless music networking being the other Big Idea at the moment it was only a matter time before somebody put the two together and came up with something …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The idea...

...that *any* of these things can be considered serious for music reproduction is a load of crap. I make it my business to call 'audiophiles' out on their faith-based idiocy, but real-life physics dictates that you just *cannot* do sound right with the dinky-ass drivers in these setups. And you *cannot* do music right with a subwoofer and two dinky-ass satellites.

I've got a $35 thrift-store Onkyo 60WPC amp from the 1970s, along with a pair of Wharfedales I got for $0 from Freecycle, and that setup will pound the ever-loving shit out of any of these multi-hundred-quid wastes of space.

2. Peter D'Hoye
    Boffin

44KHz CD quality?

If it has a switch to select one of three channels, it most probably uses an analog transmitter like cordless headphones. That leaves the question why you would be limited to 8 speakers, given that this analog signal could have as many receivers tuned to it as you want.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. It wasnt me
    Thumb Down

@Peter D'Hoye

"If it has a switch to select one of three channels, it most probably uses an analog transmitter like cordless headphones"

What on earth are you talking about?

My 802.11b has 11 channels selectable by a switch (software). Does that mean its ......

Oh I can't be bothered.

My telly plugs in to the same socket as the buzz saw so it must be using a whacking great motor to work.

Moron.

This topic is closed for new posts.