back to article EMC saves earth from its own private jets

EMC demonstrated the inherent complexities of saving the planet as it began sponsoring a greenhouse gas supply chain initiative this week, just months after CEO Joe Tucci had a good look at the atmosphere from the comfort of a corporate jet. EMC is helping to pay for World Resources Institute’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Protocol …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

I think it's just terrible.

Companies that purport to really care about the environment flying their management around in private jets. They must find the nagging guilt stressful.

They should give their private jet to me as I don't give a toss what the eco-wankers think and thus won't feel guilty at all. That way everyone's happy.

2. Goatan
    Stop

Do we need this?

I read on this site that the GHG model was inadequate for describing the causes of climate change and that in fact the causes were more likely related to astrological phenomenon. It all begs the question why should we have to fork out more of our cash so that these organisations can abide to regulations for a scientific theory already proven to be inaccurate?

3. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

You wanna be green?

This isn't strictly the place for this, but what the heck: a friend pointed out to me recently that with the shocking waste of resources that goes into the raising of cattle, particularly meat (which is a very inneficient use of energy) and dairy, the only way to truly claim you are being properly green is to be vegan.

Suck on that Maccy D's.

4. The BigYin
    Thumb Down

Saving the plent is hip

So long as OTHERS are the ones making the sacrifices or paying the price. As soon as these people have to take a personal hit, their attitude changes.

It's the exact same with the lying, hypocritical shits that infest Westminster and the EU. WE pay the new taxes, WE have to downsize cars, WE shiver in the cold because gas costs so much; whilst THEY swan about in their chauffeur driven cars, leave the lights on and have us pay for their swanky luncheons.

5. gabor
    Stop

Nice

so what's next? demanding these people to move to smaller houses? have smaller cars? turn off the lights earlier? As a long-time reader, I'd appreciate zero eco-fascism on the pages of The Register. thank you.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is it with you eco deniers?

I mean really, you are in a massive minority, pretty much the whole of modern scientific thinking is against you. I really struggle to understand how you can stil claim that climate change isn't happening. Or is it that you have more insight than all of the IPCC, et al's contributors? What is it that qualifies you to have these opinions?

Peer reviewed papers which site sorces (where those sorces are other peer reviewed papers, NOT books) please.

This topic is closed for new posts.