back to article Pirate Bay to resurrect Suprnova.org

Swedish anti-copyright group Pirate Bay will reopen Suprnova.org, which used to be the most popular BitTorrent indexing site. Suprnova disappeared in 2004 as legal storm clouds gathered. Currently the domain hosts a link dump, but Pirate Bay reportedly plans to restore Suprnova in its original design in "a few days". The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Joel

Not to support illegal downloading or anything, but..

Cool. =)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So what's changed?

How comes they can shut down Suprnova, and then re-open it again? And why are sites such a pirate bay, isohunt, torrentspy, able to continue to operate when Suprnova were shut down.

I remember how gutted I was when they closed, so I'm looking forward to it coming back in its original format.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

<3 Suprnova!!!

This is great news!!!

The look&feel has to be the same :)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: So what's changed?

In response to the question "So what's changed?" it would appear that the only real changes are in who runs the site, and where the new owners (or more importantly their servers) reside.

Previously the Suprnova servers were not, as far as I'm aware, in Sweden. At a guess, I'd imagine they were in the US. Swedish law differs from US law in so much that hosting torrent files - as opposed to the media files that are downloaded thanks to the torrent files - is not illegal. Hence the difficulty that the RIAA/MPAA/**AA have had in abolishing sites based in Sweden (and other such countries).

There are plenty of websites discussing why those pesky American organisations have been unable to succeed in bring down the Pirate Bay site - there's even a Wikipedia page on it.

Personally, I'd like to see the return of Suprnova - it was a nice site that worked well ...er, so I've been told by people that might have used it in the past.

5. james

rocking

rocking rocking rocking ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.