back to article Dell Ex-CEO Rollins to get $48 million cash

Former Dell CEO Kevin Rollins will be making bank after all. Despite receiving a pyrite parachute of a severance package to the tune of $5m, the ex-executive will receive an additional $48.5m in expired stock options that have been frozen because of an accounting investigation. Rollins, however, will have to tuck himself in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Always wondered

"The company lost its lead in PC sales to HP, its server market growth withered, it fell behind in processor technology, was hit with an accounting probe, earned a reputation for bad customer support and company share prices plummeted."

So that's what 'helmed' means! "Brace yourself, Martha, you're about to get the helming of your young life!"

2. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Re: Always wondered

It's from "hide the helmet" which is credited to Prince Charles, I believe!

3. Morely Dotes

And they told me that hard work would pay off!

Well, I suppose that's true. They just never told me that it would be the incompetent boob of an MBA that would get paid, when I was working hard.

US$54.5 million for severely damaging the company. Damn! I should have been sabotaging the software development process, instead of trying to find the bugs!

4. kevin elliott

Wait a Minute

Normally stock options have to be paid for at a price that was defined in the past & any profits may be taxable.

Your article is misleading - it doesn't say what the options will cost (if anything), it just implies he's getting a huge windfall.... Or is he really getting a huge share tranche for nix?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like