back to article Swedes say nej to Sofia 'Dark Knight' Englundh

The powers that be have decreed that a 19-year-old Stockholm lass may not change her name to Sofia "Dark Knight" Englundh, The Local reports. Sofia Englundh (evidently surnamed in honour of the famous drunken England footie fan chant), told the paper: "I love the film and the actors, Christian Bale and Heath Ledger. Also I don …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

standards

Glad to see Sweden maintaining high standards of spelling .... it should be INGERLAND

2. Colin MacLean

Title-uh

Englundh sounds more like a tribute to Mark E Smith...

3. Don Sinclair

I'd change my name!

Sofia - named after the thing you sit on when watching the telly. Go on let her change her name you tight bastards!

4. b166er

Love the way

you crowbarred in that Python reference Lester! Hat off to you sir ;-p

How could you possibly improve on this article? A picture of the (presumably blonde) Swede Sofia perhaps?

Still a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the shrubbery.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No firstnames that are surnames?

Heck, that's half of Scotland banned from Sweden then....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ AC - No firstnames that are surnames?

No problem, we'll still support them if they play England at anything...

Signed

A Scottish A.C.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Love the way

>Still a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the shrubbery.

I think you mean "a hand in the bird".

8. Luis Ogando
    Stop

Oh yeah?

Well, I notice that the leader of the Left Party in Sweden (no, really, that's what it's called) is Lars Ohly. Everyone knows that Lars is a SURNAME! As in OWEN LARS - Luke Skywalker's uncle! By that rationale he cannot have Lars as his first name!

It's one bloody rule for political party leaders and one for everyone else.....

</rant..etc..>

9. Jerome
    Coat

Dick

So names are inappropriate if they "describe genitalia" or "resemble surnames"? It's a bloody good job no-one ever told Philip K. Dick.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She'll thank them later.

She might think it's a good move when she's 19, but if she had been allowed to change it she would have felt a proper twat aged 49 having her name called out in the doctor's waiting room.

11. Colin Millar
    Pirate

@ No firstnames that are surnames?

that's Heath Ledger banned from Sweden too - maybe the Swedish tax man just doen't like the whole batman thing.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Middle names using surnames

Not being able to use surnames as middle names will clobber a lot of English people - if they ever decided to emigrate to Sweden and raise a family there. Using the mother's maiden name as a child's middle name is not uncommon. Not really an issue since not many English emigrate to Sweden.

13. vincent himpe

try again

with voldemort ...

14. Stef
    Paris Hilton

IT'S POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!

Ever since the Conservatives gained power in Sweden the country has been going downhill, from a land of free health care and free love into a country that raids file sharers and pays people to have more kids - just what the world needs!

Paris - because, just like the Swedish tax authorities, she's blonde, stupid, and sticks her nose were it shouldn't be. Allegedly.

15. Paul

Arooooo

Heh, the Howling 3 - awesome, I haven't seen that film in YEARS :D

16. Grozbat
    Coat

Quite right too

The Dark Knight is a crap film.

If she called herself Sofia "Iron Man" Englundh she would at leaste demonstrate a bit of taste in her choice of films.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

... "describe genitalia" ...

So, she wouldn't be allowed to call herself Sofia "Kent Ertugrul" Englundh either, I take it?

18. Graham Marsden
    Alert

@Jerome

> bloody good job no-one ever told Philip K. Dick.

I once used a forum that had automatic censoring software which changed his name to "Philip K Masculine Area"!

(And not forgetting that famous actor from Mary Poppins: Penis van Lesbian...)

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well

They couldn't say "We wouldn't let her change it because we think she's being a retarded fangirl who'll regret it a few years" now, could they.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like