back to article Fist-sized monkey flies from Florida to New York

A small monkey enjoyed a free trip to New York courtesy of a man who smuggled the animal under his hat for a flight from Florida to the Big Apple's LaGuardia airport. The marmoset monkey did not remain hidden for long, however, with passengers spotting the animal clambering out on to the man's ponytail mid-flight, reports …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. El Regular

So let me guess

The Zoo get a free marmoset

The marmoset gets fed regularly and healthily for the rest of its life, and likely will get breeding privileges

...and the man gets punished by american law, maybe deported or imprisoned.

Woooo!

2. Jonas Taylor

Actually...

The marmoset gets elected as the next President of the US.

The Zoo gets a free George W Bush.

...and the man gets punished by American law, meaning he'll likely end up as the Secretary of State or with a senior management position at the DoD. Justice is served.

3. Chris Goodchild

Security lapse

I am extremely concerned about such a severe lapse in security. This monkey could have been an extreme muslim fundamentalist terrorist loaded with binary explosive. we should all be much more alert to these insidious fundamentalist primates or they will murder us in our beds!!

4. Chris Hipp

Bet he was glad to get the monkey off his, er...

...whatever.

5. Phil Standen

ID Cards could have stopped this

No carry on Monkeys larger then 20ml, and these must be in a sealed see-through bag. ID cards would have prevented this kind of thing happening.

6. Mr Larrington

Brings a whole new meaning...

...to the delightful phrase or saying "to craunch a marmoset"

7. Rob Mossop

Oh come on...

Surely the man gets sent to prison and his monkey gets spanked?

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

8. christopher

Movies

Has anybody seen Outbreak? What a good movie.

9. Connor Garvey

White?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this man was white. I'm sure that if he'd been middle eastern, it would have been a biological terrorist incident. He'd be in Guantanamo, all of New York would be scanned for anthrax, smallpox, etc. and the US media would call it a great success for law enforcement!

10. Nev

I read this title as...

... incredibly large insects, that normally infest monkeys, being found all along the eastern coast of the USA !

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey (nt)

Just exactly what was he going to do with a monkey?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anything to declare?

I bet that guy is just glad the security folks never thought to look in his trousers. Goodness knows what else he had lurking on his person.

"Is that a boa constrictor in your pocket or are you just..." etc.

This topic is closed for new posts.