back to article Online bookie Bwin funding dodgy football website

Online bookie Bwin is funding a website that links to unauthorised live internet broadcasts of Premier League and other football matches, according to a BBC Radio 4 investigation. myp2p.eu, which is based in The Netherlands, acts as a hub for online streams uploaded to the net by football fans around the world. While these …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden

doesnt really affect me but ...

footie fans get ripped off left right and center

Its about time they got there own back !!!

2. Kevin Johnston

striking similarity

Can't help but notice that the line taken by BWin and the website closely mirrors that of TPB in the current case. I can imagine legal eagles the world over fretting about the results as a clear win for TPB could decimate their future earnings whereas a cloudy no real fault type judgement could have them rolling in the gravy trough for years to come.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nothing to see here - move along

So lets get this straight, a bookie is the subject of an article for doing nothing legally wrong? And this is a story why?

Ok so maybe that is a little flippant but the courts have deemed that myp2p and not breaking the law so how can a site thats affiliated with them have a case to answer for?

You could argue that morally there is an issue in the fact that people are watching the games for free and that indirectly the bookie is supporting the site by paying a referal fee but this is hardly a big deal.

Maybe if the broadcasters and football community lived in the real world and charged realistic prices for their services then people wouldnt feel the need to find alternative methods of watching the games. But no, we're expected to continue to fund 100k a week salaries.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Love this site

I use this site (that's why AC in case they come get me) but i hardly take money from the game i have sky sports and go to 7 games a year. the only matches i watch are my team when they aren't on sky or satanta (if we are on satanta i watch it in the pub refuse to pay another £10 pound amonth for less matches. )

so all i take away is sky sports news's viewing figures (and some times i even have that on the telly while the games on the laptop. allow me to watch all the matches for my team and i'll gladly pay for them until them i'll stream them so i can follow my team every where.

5. Stuart Elliott
    Thumb Down

I subscribe to Sky Sports and Setanta..

Yet I've still got to go to IRAQGOALS or JUSTIN.TV to watch a footie match played in my own country.

What's wrong with this picture (other than it's blocky and not HD ?)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like