back to article OLED-equipped 'open source' EV shown at Geneva Motor Show

Back in January, Reg Hardware reported on German auto-engineering company EDAG's plan to unveil at the Geneva Motor Show an electric vehicle with an OLED tail-gate, four in-wheel electric motors, user-definable OLED dashboard and basalt-fibre body panels. EDAG Light Car - Open Source EDAG's Light Car: on stage at Geneva …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

This electric car with all these lights...

can you report what it is like to push?

2. Paolo Pennisi

web site english version

http://www.edag-light-car.com/index_en.html

3. Peyton
    Thumb Up

Hotblack Desiato's car?

Paint the white parts black and that'd make a nice little ride.

4. Lionel Baden

as much as i like it

never ever ever be allowed on the streets

if chavs are getting pulled for 70% tint that thing will be impossible to drive legally

5. Fluffykins Silver badge

Basalt Fibre

OMG, I just like saying that!

Basalt Fibre

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

6. Greg

WANT!

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT!

And not just so I can reprogram the outside of the car to say "FUCK YOU" to BMW drivers.

Of course, you'd have to rip out the crappy electric engine and replace it with something cooler.

7. Code Monkey

User configurable lights

If I could configure the lights to spell out "You're driving like a complete bell-end. Yes you, the arsewit in the grey 3 Series" I'd be very interested.

8. Vision Aforethought
    Go

Vehicle 'skins' next?

So, in the not too distant future, we'll be able to hit 'SkinMyRide.com' and download le pattern de jour - perhaps even have your AutoSkin change depending on the time of day and location?

"No M'Lud, I was not driving a black BMW three series, mines the swirly green and yellow effect, well, it was at 9pm anyway..."

9. g e

Excellent Communication potential

If just to be able to have the rear say 'FUCK YOU' when you have to pull in before an HGV to actually get off the slip road and the bastard turns his 50MW lamps on cos he has to lose 0.3MPH, resulting in an interior-mirror-shaped tan line across your nose.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Cost?

I can't see this being in the "affordable" category...

11. Bytus

What's with the BMW bashing?

Honestly guys, you're worse than Apple fanbois / 'Nix freaks / M$ bitches (choose one of the camps).

Tststs.

12. Al Taylor
    Thumb Up

@Paolo

Well spotted that man. Thanks.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

World's largest...

...fingerprint magnet.

Kind of funky looking though.

14. Danny Thompson
    IT Angle

By the time ...

... any of these "concept" cars make it to the showrooms we'll have burned up our last drop of oil. Oh, hang on, thats the idea isn't it? I mean, how can it take so long to actually make and ship these things? All the tech is well established. What we need is some Government and Manufacturer commitment and we're done.

Instead all we get is this ridiculous posturing and not actual product.

To all the nay-sayers of electric tech - welcome to history, this is the inevitability, its no use harping on about how it wont work. I do believe much the same was said by horsemen of old about the ICE. They got that a bit wrong too.

I swear, apart from the OLED I'm not finding the IT angle

This topic is closed for new posts.