back to article Asus lights up 1TB SSD Lamborghini laptop

Lamborghini’s aren’t known for their storage capacity, but buy one from Asus and you’ll get plenty. Asus_Lamborghini_VX5_01 Asus' Lamborghini VX5: a 1TB SSD on board That’s because the firm’s new Lamborghini VX5 laptop will come with a whopping 1TB of solid-state storage, a capacity that Asus’ claimed is currently the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matt Bradley
    Jobs Halo

Yes but

I bet it'll still be cheaper than a Macbook Pro...

2. Paul Naylor
    Thumb Up

Nice

I'm a dye in the wool Apple man but I rather like this, especially the 1Tb storage. Nice!

3. The Fuzzy Wotnot
    Thumb Up

The "button" returns!

'while the PC’s “speed key” is designed to let the user accelerate CPU and GPU performance'

The TURBO button returns! Welcome back, we've missed you!

4. Steve
    Dead Vulture

Grammar police

"largest available SSD density"

It's either the largest available SSD size or the highest available SSD density, you can't measure density as large or small it makes no sense.

Shoot the sub eds.

5. Greg

*Drool*

Sounds amazing, but like all massively powerful laptops, it'll probably be hugely impractical...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's that laptop at the bottom then?

Any particular reason there's a photo of a random, non-Lambo Asus at the bottom of that article?

7. Dan
    Unhappy

Hmmm

With that spec, I would go as far as to say that the Lambo branding (and the price) are the things that would put me off buying...

Lamborghini's are awesome, but only on cars, thanks.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Weight

I can accept it won't be efficient (like the car) so power use will be high (and battery life low). However, how much will this weigh ? I reckon it's more Bently than Lamborghini...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is that a VGA port I see?

Comprimise? I hope not.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

A prediction

The battery life will be measures in seconds, not minutes!!!!!

11. DRendar
    Joke

I'm typing this message on my new Lambo Lappy....

It just finished charging - and I've got a whole 13 minutes of battery life!

12. AlMac
    Stop

What sort of graphics chip is that?

What with Nvidia renaming all their old parts yet again, I've got no idea now what the hell a GT 130M is. Is it just one of their old 8200m's with a bit more memory, which frankly would be quite poor when matched with a 1920 x 1200 screen or what is the deal?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Very nice, but...

surely for that amount of money you could just buy a better specced desktop AND a decent-good spec laptop?

It isn't exactly the most portable of laptops, although not as bad as some, and as it is a laptop it won't be the majority of people's main computer.

Meh, alright if you have enough money I suppose...

14. Martin Ouseley

1TB

That's one hell of a netbook!

15. AngrySup
    Paris Hilton

Sleek and sexy as it is, in 20 years...

My Lamborghini car will still be worth something.

Paris, 'cause she'll buy one, with a web cam.

16. Steve
    Thumb Down

Screen resolution

Wow, that is gaudy. I'd much prefer the Asus N80 or N50 as a desktop replacement (except for the eSATA port on the front - wtf?!), but their low screen res paired with pathetic viewing angles are a dealbreaker. Waiting for them to bring back a 14" with 1440x900 or a 15.4" with 1680x1050.

17. Ramazan
    Pirate

@DRendar

wow, you've gotta whopping 780 seconds of battery life, ain't ya? did you have enough time to enjoy typing with the keyboard and feeleng the soft genuine leather under your palms, dude?

18. Big Bear

RE: Screen resolution

I thought there were several Asus models with those two screens you wanted? I have an older G1 (GS1? I forget in my senility) which is 15.4 and 1680x1050 which was my latest gaming machine, though I find myself wishing I’d waited for the G71 or C90 now!! As a company Asus seem determined to release the highest number of makes and models known to man, so I’m sure you’ll be able to find the spec you want…

19. Myself

TB or TiB? More storage space!

When you said "more storage space than the real thing", I thought you were referring to the fact that flash memory is measured in TiB and rotating disks in TsuckB, and therefore the SSD is more capacious than a "1TB" drive.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like