back to article Office booze-up battered in CPW cutbacks

Carphone Warehouse staff who escape the current round of 450 redundancies will lose many of their perks, including the firm's long-running monthly drinking session, according to documents seen by The Register. When job losses were announced last week, presentations were given to surviving staff detailing a much more frugal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ed

Ha!

'"This is a continuation of our outsourcing journey. There are many more benefits other than just cost saving," staff were told.'

Not for those being made redundant there bloody isn't! And probably none for those who retain their job.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That explains the gobbledy-balls spoken by shop staff

<cite>shop workers are given an allowance for a trip to the pub</cite>

3. fifi

none?

"none for those who retain their job."

Apart from still having a job that is.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

none!

to continue working for CPW isn't a benfit of outsourcing...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Its inevitable ...

At the end of the day which large company/corporation isnt cutting back (Microsoft, Google etc) and referring back to Charles previous emails which clearly say tighten the belts and ride out the storm I dont see why this is major news.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No free beer?

No free beer as well as "There will be no annual pay rise, tougher bonus criteria, no Christmas gifts and no company ball this year."

So that'll be what I've had over the last few years then. Hard to feel sorry for them.

7. Tony
    Flame

@Anonymous Coward 2nd March 14:30

"So that'll be what I've had over the last few years then", sounds like you need a change of career then - because if you weren't getting pay rises or bonuses before the economic down-turn then I think your employers are trying to tell you something. Maybe something to do with your sullen attitude to others misfortune?

8. Gordon Pryra

@Tony

"Maybe something to do with your sullen attitude to others misfortune?"

I'm always happy at others misfortune, it makes my life better comparativly speaking.

ESPECIALLY when its the good looking, rich people who are in trouble.

I love it then!!!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

The young lad is gutted

My wife works for CPW and the young lad on her team is gutted that they have effectively removed the once-a-month company approved knocking shop!

10. Patrick Bateman
    Stop

O_o

"My wife works for CPW and the young lad on her team is gutted that they have effectively removed the once-a-month company approved knocking shop!"

Errrr.... Had to read that a few times.. Are you saying the team are upset because your wife got laid off? (in the 'being fired' sense of the word 'laid' :P)

11. Allan Dyer
    Alien

I have to admit...

a drinking session that lasts a whole month does seem a little excessive., but why not just cut it to two weeks?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like