back to article Europe ditches Skype probe

Eurojust - the EU body for judicial cooperation - is not investigating ways to intercept Skype calls, contrary to reports earlier this week. Eurojust originally said it aimed: "to overcome the technical and judicial obstacles to the interception of internet telephony systems". The group said it had been approached by Italian …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

forced

"Bavarian police were forced to install spyware onto suspects' PCs"

Just like the Stazi were forced to keep records on 20 million, and the Met were forced to shoot a Bazillain electrician in the face, repeatedly

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

GCHQ & NSA

I have no doubt what so ever that GCHQ and the NSA can listen into Skype calls... from their large black stealth helicopters.

Posted anonymously for everyone except the above who clearly know who I am anyway,

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Watching you watching us and missing the target.

Why hasn't someone explained to these European dummkopfs that doing all this focusing on technologies that are claimed to be attractive to the bad guys is a really poor idea. Everyone knows that real terrorists communicate in plain text over unencrypted networks and leave their digital fingerprints all over the internet. I have this from no less an authority than the UK home secretary, so clearly it must be true.

And since terrorism is a global phenomena, other European nations have a moral obligation to sign up to the vastly superior UK security model which embraces 'whole population surveillance' rather than the wimpish 'tight focus surveillance' of the continentals.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like