back to article Samsung S1 Mini 1.8in external hard drive

We've just received what has to be one of the cutest little external hard drives we've ever seen: Samsung's new S1 Mini. Samsung S1 Mini Samsung's S1 Mini: not much larger than this picture The top of the S1 is all ultra-glossy black and smooth, but with a dotted texture under a clear plastic cover so it's not your average …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

120GB for £130!

That's a bit pricey. For just 35% more (£175) a 120GB iPod's about the same size, but does a lot more....

2. Simon Harris
    Pirate

Units.

"Still, we think the S1 looks rather snazzy, but what really matters is the size: the S1's about the size of a packet of smokes - 87 x 62 x 15.5mm, according to Reg Hardware's handy ruler - making it eminently pocketable and portable."

About time the fag packet was added to the list of Reg standard units.

<--- because this unit should carry the statutory health warning

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Lyndon Hills
    Pirate

14 GB of music?

I've just been reading the articles about the pirate bay, so the comment about the music files jumped out immediately. Surely this device is the perfect accessory for a music pirate, being easily pocketable and capable of holding gazillions of pounds worth of 'hot' music.

Best ban it.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

4 cm..

I'll think you'll find the shorter cord is for power only and not data. It is for times when a single USB 2.0 won't supply enough current to operate this drive so use 2x USB sockets.

6. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

@AC

Nope, it's not a power cable. The S1 has only one USB port, there's nowhere to attach a second USB cable even if you wanted to. Neither cable supplied by Samsung is double-headed.

7. Martin Huizing
    Paris Hilton

"not much larger than this picture"

That's a huge device! I measured it while projected on my wall!

8. Chris - LG

hmm

that does look very nice, although I'm less impressed with the capacity. Much less than 500gb has limited interest these days

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like