back to article Jobs to skip Apple shareholders meeting

Apple's Steve Jobs, on medical leave until June, won't attend attend the company's annual shareholders meeting this Wednesday, fueling rumors that Apple's savior is phasing himself out. Also, the privacy-loving convalescent is no longer instant-messaging with his chat buddies. Apparently. That first announcement is news, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Give the man a break!!

Jesus Christ, give the guy a break!

If he shows up, he'll be bombarded by a gazillion questions about his health.

If he does not show up, there'll be rumor and speculation, like this article.

If I were in this no-win situation, I'd blow off public events, too. Externally, nothing will change, but in the meantime, at least I wouldn't have saved myself the aggravation.

Regarding the IM thing, maybe Steve's just twittering these days...? ;) (And, yes, that was a joke -- there is a reason why "twitter" begins with "twit".)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

@ AC (05:18)

I don´t get it. How can your argument for Job not being on Twitter be that it begins with Twit? Surly that would be an argument FOR him using it.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

He won't be back

Bye bye MasterTard.

4. Steven
    Joke

A sad reflection on society

To whom it may concern:

Having read an article on an individual who may or may not be ill at this present time, it thoroughly disgusts me that the status company of which this person is no longer nominally in charge of is related to his health.

What sort of society do we live in where a person's health translates to a company's value? If I popped my clogs tomorrow, then the upset to my organisation would be minor. I am involved in many project currently, moving money around to where it is needed.

The company will not fall over without me.

Neither will this other organisation - UNLESS A BUNCH OF FECKLESS COMMENTATORS WHO VALUE THE IMPORTANCE OF THEIR OWN WORDS NOW DEFINE THE VALUE OF A COMPANY!!!

Oh wait, I've just realised that this isn't a joke anymore :-(

One man who does damn good PR is NOT worth more than thousands who actually produce results. And if you believe that he is, then I believe there are several cults out there looking for people like you.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Non news, again.

Surely the "...on medical leave until June..." gives it away. Have you lot got anything to do with the Daily Express? The Diana style obsession with Jobs is bordering on embarassing.

6. Don S.
    Thumb Down

@AC

Couldn't agree more. What part of "step down from day-to-day duties " do people not understand???

7. Doug Glass
    Go

Well Just Damn!

The man apparently can't take a crap it seems without some numbskull thinking something is wrong. Hell, did it ever occur to any of you twitterpated fanboy pukes the dude just may be frelling tired??

He's spent his time in the pit, get off his back for a change.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like