back to article Grand Theft Auto IV add-in censors original game

Games developer Rockstar has designed a patch to fix a GTA IV content-censoring error that’s plagued some European gamers who installed the title’s first downloadable update, The Lost and Damned. According to posts on a number of online forums, downloading the update has caused some of the best bits of the original game to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jamie Kephalas
    Paris Hilton

No blood? No hot coffee?.....

.... it just wouldn't be GTA without them!

I'd love a "Hot Coffee" with PH.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

xbox woes

ha! it's only affecting the Xbox version of the game!

oh, right.....

/coat

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

GTA IV for PC

Well mine was never censored in the first place... should it have been?

4. Mike Bronze badge

error?

so they accidentally added code to modify the game play to disable things that were already there?

5. Scott
    Paris Hilton

Moneys worth

Hope i can still get my $250 in the Triangle club.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oz

The Australian version of the game had to be censored to be released. (One of the things that was censored was the ability to move the camera whilst at it with a lady of the night)

Sounds like they've mixed up their versions with the update...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@Mike

Yeah, you know - an error, like making it a crap conversion that needs a supercomputer to get half decent graphics with a decent draw distance and frame rate. Or releasing it with online activation that takes bloody ages and tens of megabytes of downloaded crap to sort out.

Or talking over a standard set of protocols but not letting the different platforms it's on play against one another.

I really wish I'd not bought the POS now.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Australian censorship

I believe the Australian version of the game comes with this censorship so it can pass through their board of censorship there.

Maybe theres been some crossed wires and some of the content meant for the aussie version has gotten in to the european one.

9. David Black
    Joke

Thank Goodness!

I was starting to get worried that I may have to get my high-octane thrills by going out onto the street with a rocket launcher I found the other day...!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

So...

...if a modification which added gore and sex forced Rockstar to reclassify from M to AO, will a modification which removes gore and sex force them to reclassify from M to T? Or are people hypocrites?

Hmm...

11. Tim Bates

Aussie versions

The PlayStation and Xbox releases in Australia were censored to avoid hassles with the classification board. Rockstar never presented an uncensored version to be classified.

If someone did request it be classified, it would now have to be passed since the PC version (with the same content) passed as MA15+.

12. David Hicks
    Paris Hilton

Because we can't have any sex

In a game about violent thugs murdering scores of innocents, sex would be totally unacceptable, right?

Western society is retarded.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like