back to article Wife of Rambus CEO outed as message board troll

The wife of Rambus CEO Harold Hughes has emerged as the latest message board star. According to a report, Nancy Hughes dished out 170 messages under the alias clarissamehitable on the InvestorVillage site, defending her husband's good name while knocking other members of Rambus's management. Legal rag The Recorder reports …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

built on "publicly available information"

Yeah, she just happened to have read every single relevant article the minute it came out.

No chance that she be the origin of a few tidbits, published so that she could blog about it ?

2. Andy Turner

Bitching and moaning?

"Yes, it is the American way to be able to bitch and moan and vent"

Get lost! We Brits were bitching and moaning before America had even been discovered!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not unusual

In the world of print media, i.e. newspapers, and particular here in the UK where we still have partisan newspaper (cos we're backwards like that). It is not uncommon for newspaper to fill their letters pages with letters written by staff so that the paper's opinion is followed.

We even all fake winners in telephone contests over here too so a wife doing a bit of trolling on a message board sounds like loyalty to me, and makes a refreshing change from suing / being sued that those Americans love to do so much.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Culture of Cleanliness

The boss would *have* to be called Harold Hughes. I picture an odd, reclusive, haunted man who wears paper gloves and is frightened of germs. Which would actually be sensible if you were in charge of a silicon chip fabrication business, so that you could instil a culture of cleanliness.

I suppose the moral of this story is that you should never conduct an internal investigation into anything without first notifying the boss and his wife, just in case they have a guilty secret or two. I first learned this from the film "Capricorn One", but that was fiction; this story is fact.

"We Brits were bitching and moaning before America had even been discovered!"

British people do not bitch. They mither.

5. Stuart

Hughes...

Errr Ashley P, I think you're getting your Hughes' mixed up. You are referring to rich eccentric Howard Hughes.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"She shaved paradise and put up a landing strip"

"Errr Ashley P, I think you're getting your Hughes' mixed up."

(puts on voice of Oliver Hardy) Yes, yes, I know, I know, I know Howard Hughes. You always mock everything I create. Just dream a little! Point your mind to the stars! Excel!

7. Dillon Pyron

"Pillow talk"

Erh, my wife wouldn't tell me any details of a large contract she had signed until it went public. But we couldn't have made more than a couple of thousand dollars on it. But a couple of million?

Ethics is a nasty and gray area for some people. And in corporate America, it seems that the higher you go, the grayer it gets.

Did she do anything illegal? I can't say, IANAL, but it doesn't seem so. Did she do anything unethical? Hmm, that is left as an exercise to the reader.

8. SALI BALI

fun

ethics in corporate america (or anywhere really). is that an oxymoron like military intelligence?

This topic is closed for new posts.