back to article Samsung Emporio Armani Night Effect designer phone

After some flash for your cash? Hot on the well-turned heels of LG's new Prada phone, Samsung and Armani have delivered their latest ensemble - the Emporio Armani Samsung Night Effect. Samsung Emporio Armani Night Effect Samsung's Emporio Armani Night Effect: sophisticated? Rather than reworking last year’s elegant Giorgio …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Chard
    Thumb Down

An expensive way to say

"I am a cock".

2. adnim

How much

does one get paid for advertising Emporio Armani?

What was that? The customer actually pays to advertise Emporio Armani and gets a phone thrown in as an incentive?

Ah, maybe there is some kudos to having Emporio Armani emblazoned across ones phone, although this goes over my head completely. Could it be that such kudos is only recognised by those with a similar taste for such image conscious posing?

3. Adrian Jones

Style over substance

But that extra illumination will make life easier for muggers.

4. D@v3
    Pirate

robbery

seems to me that having such a light on your phone is going to make it a bit of a theft target

5. Tim Cook

Emporio who?

Surely the tried and tested post-it note to the forehead marked "I am a complete kn*b" would be better value for money?

6. Mr B
    Thumb Down

Wow

that is one tacky phone.

Glows in the dark to make the dimwit full of cash ... and bad taste more visible.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Poxy Voda Live button

When will voda stop putting LIVE on everything whithout considering if it needs it.

I bought an internet capable mobile for surfing the web, not because I wanted a phone where half the functions can't be accessed because it's either going through the lousy vodafone WAP portal, or because the on screen right menu key is permenantly set to live obscuring the functions that should be there and I can't get through any other menu.

And whilst I'm on it a I bought a Wifi capable mobile to use the Wifi, not to try and use the GRPS for everything because voda think their network is perfect in all places and so lock email and internet to their data connection. Oh and lets also not forget crippling anthing that may actually use too much data (like MSN messenger) on their firmware too.

No wonder people flash them back to the stock firmware.

Can we get a Muppet icon please?

8. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Down

Really...

"it's here designated to the Vodafone Live! portal." --- "we’re surprised someone at Vodafone HQ didn’t consider the phonebook a priority option"

— Really? Live! is Voda's money extraction portal. Money extraction is the priority option, so hardcoded access on a very available button is pretty much mandatory.

As for the phone... chavvy.

9. David Gosnell

XPress On Side Panels

Will they do a replacement panel with "MUG ME" or "MY OTHER PHONE'S AN IPHONE" etc?

Must have.

Not.

10. Robert Oakes
    Jobs Halo

OMG!!!

this phone is no way is going to tempt me away from my iPhone.......not even the iPhone 3G can tempt me away from it!!!!! lol

11. Frank

Empty of Substance, loadsa 'style'

I just had a look at their website. It's even more content free than I thought it would be, and I had low expectations.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My other phone's a Vertu

I don't think I'll be needing the Emporio Whatever.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What is that rumble I can here..?

Oh - a thousand chavs heading for Argos......

Well, if its got 'Night Effekct' and 'Deesigner' init its gotta to sell init?

<shudder> darkened room called for.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like