back to article Vanessa Redgrave braces for The Day of The Triffids

The BBC has announced the cast for its remake of John Wyndham classic The Day of The Triffids, including mother and daughter thesp pair Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson. Scottish-born actor Dougray Scott - of Desperate Housewives and The Crow Road - will tackle main man Dr Bill Masen, supported by Brian Cox, Eddie Izzard …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stop the madness !

Please no !

Not another politically correct, luvvies outing. Was Survivors not harrowing enough without another set of cardboard cut-outs.

Triffids aren't bad, they're just misunderstood. They want to be loved to...

2. Tawakalna
    Thumb Up

but the green comet is already here..

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/04feb_greencomet.htm

..so watch out for man-eating begonias in your front garden!

3. Giles Jones Gold badge

Sounds good

It sounds like it will be good, but the BBC should really make another classic sci-fi novel into a mini-series. The Midwich Cuckoos would be one I'd like to see.

I've watched the 1981 version about 3-4 times now and think they got it spot on back then. John Duttine was brilliant as Bill Masen.

All the remake can really offer is updated HD visuals.

4. Gav Powell

Here's a Thought

Rather than taking the Hollywood route of remaking everything, why not actually produce original work? I'm sick of seeing the classic films and dramas of years gone by turned into recycled tat.

5. Francis Offord

Triffids, Treffic

I take it that Vanessa will be the "Chief Triffid" She is a natural for the part.

6. Scotty
    Thumb Down

28 Bulbs Later?

1981 version was about perfect, and modern 're-imagining' done quite well too.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like