back to article Windows Vista man channels Neil Diamond with debut album

Where do you go after you've given the world Windows Vista? Music, apparently. Former Windows chief Jim Allchin has eschewed the post-Redmond path trodden by other ex-Microsoft executives. He has dumped IT entirely, having capped his 17 years with Microsoft by delivering Windows Vista in 2006. Allchin has done this by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kenny Swan
    Stop

Why the hate?

Do you assume he'll be crap because he's an ex software guy from Microsoft? If acters can become senators and president in the US, maybe this guy can make it as a recording artist. Stranger things have happened. I wish the guy good luck.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Good luck

Ach, what the hell, best of luck to him ;) IT can be an all encompassing thing so its nice to see someone doing something different.

3. Dan Reeder
    Coat

too much to hope for...

... a DRM-free version?

4. raving angry loony

@Kenny

Because it's Microsoft. They infect everything they touch, and Allchin has a bit of a ... reputation. This is I.T., thus there is no love. All we have left is hate. Now piss off.

5. Seán

Kill him

If the semi albino nuisance had anything to do with Vista then he should be dragged through the streets and kicked to death.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

microsoft knows SO much about music...

I don't know if this has been reported here yet, but have a look at the microsoft TuneSmith add see how much they know about music - ie nothing.

Click here - http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=dTXG2uKNLIw

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Why the hate?

well, we know how well actors do at acting as A Senile President.

And I think the jury's still out on actors acting as Governator...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

There's nothing like going out on a high note

"He has dumped IT entirely, having capped his 17 years with Microsoft by delivering Windows Vista in 2006."

And that's nothing like going out on a high note...

9. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

What about hardware requirements?

I'm not sure my CD Player is a high enough spec to play this.

10. goggyturk

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Neil Diamond and soul? Never thought I'd hear those words in any kind of proximity.

A bit like Phil Collins claiming he invented rap.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Atonement

Why Mr Heathcliff, I do declare I'm hearing a bit of Antares Autotune plugin.

But why, quite frankly, should you give a damn?

Well, I for one will not welcome our Vocaloid-esque singing overlords: if heavily processed vocals are your thing, just catch the next Cher comeback wave.

Should we believe there is life after Vista?

That's the real question.

12. Lionel Baden
    Pirate

i ponder

if he's in a studio with macs or pc's

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A cover of The Enigma Variations, perhaps?

Gotta hand it to him--you won't find Justin Timberlake singing about the Enigma machines. Or will you?

14. Chris
    IT Angle

Will it be available.....

...on iTunes?

IT? icon because I'm in an ODFO kind of mood.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pretty good!

"Kick It" and "Enigma Machine" kick butt. And don't forget Allchin is the guy that got fed up and left Microsoft. He did SQL Server, Windows Server, etc. before. I think there is some untold story about his leaving. From what I've read in old email, he's a very smart guy that just had had enough. Read any of that Capable stuff? Allchin was the one fighting for the right thing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like