back to article BitDefender distances self from gaping BitDefender.pt breach

This piece was updated to reflect information released by BitDefendor after publication. More than 24 hours after hackers posted partial email addresses and other sensitive details lifted from BitDefender's authorized Portuguese partner website, the security company was still distancing itself from responsibility and declining …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Tut tut tut...

Makes me glad I didn't pay for my version of bitdefender.

It's shocking that not only have a security company fucked up so badly, but that they are blatantly denying the security breach and are lying to their own customers.

It's looking more and more like piracy is the only way to keep your details safe these days.

2. Alan Edmonds
    Thumb Down

I hope not....

looking at the search page for bitdefender - this is the URL title.

Antivirus software - BitDefender - The future of security now!

nuf' said.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

AOL?

Hacked by using AOL's web browser....

4. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

AOL? ME TOO!

The use of the AOL browser seems an awful lot like the kind of little out-of-place item or minor trivial discrepancy you're supposed to put into any good troll to tip the wink to those in the know ...

But why would anyone bother faking something as dull and workaday as an sql injection on a medium-to-low-profile website?

5. miha
    Thumb Up

my BitDefender is just fine, thank you

I use BitDefender for quite some time and had no problems with it. At home or at work. Didn't see anybody complaining from pt side so I suppose is all speculations about the damages to the users. seems quite logic to me not to give an official statement until you are sure that you've checked everything.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

BitDefender is and will be a very good security company...

I use BitDefender for years now and had never problems with it. It doesn't necessarily mean that if some reseller website was hacked, the products are bad. Bitdefender is one of the best AV companies out there, and it managed to protect me without being annoying.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

BitDefender just published a statement

regarding the attack here : http://news.bitdefender.com/NW948-en--In-regards-to-BitDefender%E2%80%99s-partner%E2%80%99s-website-vulnerability.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like