back to article Top Qinetiq raider to retire with vast treasure chest

Sir John Chisholm, the famous biz kingpin who led a decade-long corporate raid on the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and amassed a huge personal fortune while doing so, is reportedly about to retire. The Times reports that Qinetiq, the firm assembled by Chisholm and his associates from privatised government laboratories and US …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. sig
    Pirate

Like the Russian Oligarchs?

From the Walesepedia entry on 'Business Oligarch':

"well connected entrepreneurs who started from nearly nothing and got rich through participation in the market via connections to the corrupt, but democratically elected, government of Russia"

Amended for the present situation:

"well connected entrepreneurs who started from nearly nothing and got rich through participation in the market via connections to the corrupt, but democratically elected, government of The United Kingdom"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

it stinks

Selling out to the secretive Carlyle group is worse even than the creaming off of millions of UK taxpayers accrued investment.

For instance, the revolutionary "Cambridge process" for the refining of Titanium, which would make it cheaper than Aluminium is patented by Qinetiq, but the American masters are stonewalling it, not allowing any licences to be granted, to keep their chums happy.

This is just one area I know about, god knows what else they're up to.

Didn't Bliar get some Carlyle shares?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

took us for a ride

We (the taxpayer) got stiffed somehing rotten. After the First World War, businesses were had up for profiteering. SInce war equipment is QinietiQ's business, and we've been involved in one or two wars recently, we could do with that law again.

A nice well-reported trial with a conviction would do wonders for British morale in these times and prove that white collar crime can be unprofitable.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Milk and Sobbing

Still crying over Qinetiq Lewis? Still a Chisolm rumour is a good enough reason to dust off the old sell off rant I guess.

Word on the grapevine on the big traiing PFI is not sounding positive. I hear the MOD are looking to retreat from a deal that increasingly doesn't seem to offer anything anyone wants.

For the AC asking about Blair and Carlyle Group shares, I don't think he did, but John Major ran the UK arm of Carlyle if that helps.

6. James
    Thumb Down

Sir??

Sir??? Who suggested they gave him that?

7. Geoff Spick
    Pirate

re: Sir??

Probably, he did.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like