back to article Amazon to make Kindle mobile

Amazon has confirmed that books currently available for its Kindle e-reader will soon be accessible on mobile phones. The company – which is also expected to launch a redesigned Kindle later this month – said the gadget’s books will soon be available on a variety of handsets. It hasn’t specified which phones will be able to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Interesting - but stupid?

This strikes me as classic "we can do it, so let's do it" application of technology. I carry a load of books on my phone - but I use them to look up stuff, not for actual reading pleasure. Even having recently replaced my handset with a Sony-Ericson X1, I wouldn't fancy reading more than a few pages. I have a Sony PRS-500 which I think is just about OK for large quantities of text - but I've yet to see a phone with a good enough screen.

I work in a medical school, and we are experimenting with a variety of mobile devices in our course - but while they're OK for looking up dosages, definitions and the like, none have the screen quality for delivery anything more than small amounts of text.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like