back to article BOFH: Dodging the auditors

"Oops," the PFY says, looking away from his screen guiltily. "What?" "I think I've just dropped the indexes from the financials database." "Ok," I say. "No need to panic, we can probably recreate the indexes on the fly from the table data." "Yeah, no." "No?" "I dropped the tables as well." "So what you meant to say when …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Moore

As brilliant as always...

and FAM has been added to my list of imaginative system faults

2. Andy Blackburn

Awww...

So Simon does have a heart. No doubt next week's episode will involve a master plan to acquire some of the PFY's "hard earned cash"...

3. Michael Compton

A cut above the rest

This guys could teach even the former heads of Enron a thing or two :)

4. Brian

NICE!

Nice, very well played and I even understood the the fiddly bits :-P

Awesome!

The guys around the office were giving me strange looks as I laughed at this one!

5. amanfromMars Silver badge

Devilishly Cunning Plots and SMART Stealth XSS Programming.....?

"The guys around the office were giving me strange looks as I laughed at this one!"

If only they knew what we might know, they would maybe know more than they need to know to know and would be bound to laugh at the shenanigans of supposed full grown men, Brian.

And any MasterPlan would surely acquire easy access to any and/or all wealth 42 Play with so that IT Flows/Exercises ITs Worth with Added Value and Values. Surely Simon has one though, for the Sheer Hell of the Cheek of ITand just Think of all the we could have Sharing in the Prose, although given the IT Penchant for Pros/Professionals, God knows where that might lead and others would surely love/have to love to find out.

Go on then, Simon, when the Green Light is Red, Go for IT. For King and Country and all that is Rock and Roll.:-)

Houston, do you have a Problem with IT?

6. CK76

That SAN

I find it odd that after last weeks episode, WE started having problems with OUR SAN. We too now blame a lot of our problems on the SAN.

7. Phill

This one was simply brilliant

This is one of the best I've read since the BOFH was running a grep for herpies on against the HR system. They are always good tho!

8. Chaitanya

BLOODY BRILLIANT!!

Like always. And getting better every day!

Must be all the lagers - they say it "matures" with time ;)

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Enron?

Don't you know Simon took a kickback from Playboy for the action they got from his engineering of the Enron affair?

10. |333173|3|_||3

No heart really...

If the PFY got sacked, then think of the difficulties he would have in finding a new one adn getting him trained up properly.

This topic is closed for new posts.