back to article Amazon pulls beta tag from PayPal foe

Amazon's Flexible Payments Service has been taken out of its 19-month run as a limited beta, opening the online vendor's payment infrastructure to everyone. To get things rolling, it's also launched Amazon FPS Quick Starts, a series of APIs to make it easier for developers to include fancy transaction processing tricks like …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. filey
    Unhappy

really? wow

NOT coming to an Ebay store near you...

we are well and truly stuck will paypal

2. raving angry loony

about time.

About time something came along that had a chance against Paypal. Now to get rid of that fraudulent, unaccountable service completely.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Amazon Flexible Payments Service?

Wow that doesn't half roll off the tongue eh? I can see that as a marketing success...

4. Onionman

UK

Any news on whether this is coming ot the UK. It'd be lovely to have a simple way to take payment and sort out delivery details using the data stored by Amazon.

Bring it on, I say. From what I can see of the US site, it's a damned sight more secure as a retailer than PayPal with its constant threat of unsupported chargebacks.

O

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@filey

yet another reason not to use ebay

6. Mike
    Thumb Down

eBay and Paypal

I'm still unsure how eBay can deny payment methods other than PayPal and not be put under the same sort of pressure that MS are regarding EU competition rules.

7. Alan

Google Checkout?

And this is different to Google Checkout how?

8. Chris
    Black Helicopters

Why all the hate?

I find paypal pretty useful.

9. W

Re: Why all the hate? - Chris

Wait until you sell something on eBay, you post it to a confirmed address, the buyer receives it and give positive feedback....

And then, after a few weeks, the money used for payment is removed from your PayPal account due to a 'chargeback' initiated by the buyer or the card issuer. PayPal won't confirm who initiated it or the reason.

Then they'll ask for a whole slew of details, and the onus is on you to prove your innocence by providing verifiable proof of postage, even if this wasn't offered or even asked for as part of the eBay transaction. PayPal will not accept positive feedback given by the buyer as adequate proof of delivery and that you've acted by the book.

Also, I agree that either eBay and PayPal should be formally, properly merged, or eBay should be forced to accept any form of payment that is specified by the seller and acceptable to the buyer.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ebay and Paypal Suck

I would never sell anything on Ebay without sending it by registered post here a signature is required and proof of delivery can be obtained.

This will make the customer pay more but there are so many robbing bastards out there it's almost unbelievable.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like