back to article Swiss EV coupé gets Berlin runabout

We reported on the unveiling of the Swiss Mindset leccy coupé back in December 2008. The world of new electric car announcements being what it is, we perhaps wouldn't have been massively surprised if we had never heard another peep out of the company again. But it's nice to be proved wrong, and even nicer to see that the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pete James

Well, it's consistent

Design-wise it's pathetic.

Engineering-wise it's a botch job.

Styling-wise it's horrific.

This brings absolutely nothing new to the party.

2. Code Monkey

Nice idea but...

...why does it look so goofy?

3. Scott
    Thumb Down

Why...

...have the made it look not only horrible, but stupid as well?

Hardly anyone's going to buy a car that looks like that. Why not stick with the successful, tried and tested car-shaped car?

4. Norfolk Enchants Paris

And yet

I read today that the Bolivian el-presidente is endeavouring to ensure that the world's supply of Lithium is 'controlled' like OPEc manages the oil price. So producing Li-Ion based cars may well become rather costly.

Shame really.

Never mind, I shall have to put up with my Italian V6 for a while longer :-)

5. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

So French!

From the challenging looks, I'm guessing the French coach builder Heuliez got stuck with all the ex-Citroen designers that got the boot when PSA got access to the Nissan design team. Seeing as it still seems to offer just two seats and a lot of ugliness, how do they think it is going to compete against cars like the Tesla?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

OOH GOOD GOD IT'S HIDEOUS!

Well, that's me off my lunch now. That is one of the worst looking cars ever. As well as being yet another EV with a pointless solar cell on the roof.

7. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Down

Still

beyond ugly. I'm sure it looks killer from... a bird's view?

8. Nev
    Coat

Range Extender

"Interestingly, the options list also includes a “range extender” which we take to mean to larger battery pack. "

... or a very long extension cord.

9. yonorri
    Coat

@Solar panel still good on a snowy day?

As far as I can see this vehicle has no need of a solar panel, from this picture the mains lead can be clearly seen...

10. Richard Porter
    IT Angle

Is that a mains lead...

or just a crack in the road?

11. Elmer Phud

Very eco friendly

That must be one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen - especially the outsized pram wheels

Very eco-friendly, so ugly it won't sell many

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

range extender

this often refers to a small gasoline (petrol) generator which can charge the batteries.

13. Francis Boyle Silver badge

I've already said how ugly this car is

in a comment on the previous article,

but

this car is ugly!

I look forward to the Register chronicling it's progress since I really think I'll need to say it again sometime soon.

This topic is closed for new posts.