back to article Rich-interface patterns get Quince treatment

Infragistics is today expected to open an online community for creating and storing patterns to build rich interfaces using Microsoft and other technologies. Called Quince, this is a free patterns catalogue and "community resource" to help those building user interfaces, from the look and feel through to the workflow. You …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

20-years experience?

"Infragistics, which has more than 20-years' experience in the Microsoft and Java interface components market"

Java came out when? 1995? we talking man years? dog years?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

MS focused?

This article suggests an MS focus to this Quince stuff. That is not so bad if there can be consistency across Java and PHP.

Any developer out there using stuff like Prototype and Scriptalicious, knows the benefits this kind of standardisation can bring, such as much more rapid development.

3. Tim Croydon
    Boffin

@MS focused?

Design patterns are usually language-agnostic. Admittedly some patterns suit certain languages better but that is usually because of language support for things like inheritance, events, polymorphism, etc.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

re: fix it

I'm trying to get into <http://quince.infragistics.com/>, forgot to mention it.

And as well as script you're using silverlight.

Hint: people who go there are going to be web- & security-savvy so they are less likely than most to allow scripting & silverlighting.

Just... fix it please.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Okay, fix the website

I can't get in. Something to do with your 'rich user experience' which I must be forced to enjoy, with lashings of script & co. Which I helps not at all if you browse with noscript blocking everything.

Please fix it.

6. Gerry

Anti-Pattern

<http://quince.infragistics.com>

Why do I need Silverlight just to view the patterns?

I mean, patterns are patterns.

Am I missing something here or is this just another Microsoft/Silverlight sales pitch?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like