back to article Experian sends 'cheap' Lord a-leaping

Credit rating agency Experian has split from Lord Taylor of Blackburn, one of its political advisers, after the ermine-clad idiot said he could get legislation changed for cash. Police are investigating allegations against four peers - Lord Moonie, Lord Truscott, Lord Taylor of Blackburn and Lord Snape - that they offered …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

A Ponder 42 Realise.

"His role was to keep us appraised on developments which may be of interest to our industry and provide basic advice on the appropriate people our team ought to speak to."

Did he appaise Experian of NEUKlearer HyyperRadioProActivity?. Special AIResearch and dDevelopment Operating Systems . ..... Virtual AIR&dDs Operating Systems Control.

2. Schultz

Tape

He got caught on tape. Cutting edge technology taking down the venerable lords -- whowuddathunk.

3. Martin Reed

Memo to mars

Nurse, the screens and the really big needle!

4. Andy ORourke
    Unhappy

It still gets me

That anyone, and I mean ANYONE expects politicians to be open and honest!

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely. If a person is put in a position where they can make money from being in that position they will, it is human nature. Be it taking cash to change legislation, paying your son to do "research" while he is away at college or just not declaring you bought 4 42" tellies instead of the 2 you were allowed to buy.

People in power are dishonest, it's that simple.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

investigation

the BBC website yesterday had 'informed sources' claiming the police didn't want to touch it with a bargepole and were only doing an investigation to see if there needed to be an investigation and the result was going to be 'no further action'

Good to see standards being upheld at the highest level then, though isn't this suspiciously similar to the police approach to Phorm?

6. Adrian Waterworth
    Joke

Is it just me...

...or does anyone else find it a bit funny that two of the peers happened to be Lords Moonie and Snape? And was it J K Rowling who originally suggested their appointment to her high-up pals in New Labour?

Harry Potter and the Suspicious Envelopes stuffed with Tenners anyone?

7. Jerome
    Boffin

@ amanfromMars

I'm guessing not.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Uncanny!

The voice sounds uncannily like one Count Arthur Strange!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

@amanfromMars

My guess would be the same as Jerome's, but I'll bet he could tell them who would be most likely to have a "change of heart" on a particular vote.

10. R Callan
    Flame

Strange

All of the Peers mentioned are Labour life peers. Perhaps life peers should not be permitted in the House of Lords at all. These four seem to this outsider to be corrupt whereas hereditary peers do not seem to feature in these scandals.

Perhaps the British people should be demanding the return of the "House of Lords".

11. Walking Turtle

Toward De-Ratchedizing the World:

@ Martin Reed Posted Friday 30th January 2009 16:52 GMT

> Nurse, the screens and the really big needle!

[Emerging from the nearby Trauma-Sensitive Transmat pod, cleverly disguised as an ordinary tho' somewhat large pot of petunias]

In order to do psychiatric and psychopharmaceutical violence to this whole-hearted one for exactly what reason? And on the authority of WHOM, pray tell? It'd mebbe make for a right funny 'toon but for the MKUltra/BlueBird overtones, really.

My point: I, for one, am already pre-Ratchedized. No victim here; merely one hard-hammered survivor of an awful lot of that manner of hammering, and in no mood to lay John 8:32 low at all, ever.

amanfromMars is spot on, Mate.

Fact: As of late 2008 on through to the present day I finally get to wrap up a hard-hit thirty-odd year stint spent flapping my gums in the face of any and all who might conceivably hear out even a bare concept re the fundamental perversity of the reagaN/thatcheR/friedmaN false-framed model of all manner of lassez-faire "Deregulated Free Market" economic and business sense and practice in this world, "Pay for Play" Factor and all. As the world grew increasingly flawless (for the lawless), I just kept on describing the ongoing Phorbidden Phenomenon with creative phrasing and constructs well-adapted to succinctly and transparently delineating the Ancient Abomination that now threatens to swallow us all (me too) whole.

Not entirely unlike our amanfromMars.

My temporal reward, until most recently, fell spot-on along similar lines to what you and Dirty Nurse Ratched apparently still have in mind for our honored interplanetary guest and evident benefactor. (shame.) But really, that whole range and entire manner of pharma/psyop nutjobbing + tinfoiling of our most precious national resource of all (the honest, self-actualized, liberated and accurately perceptive human mind; it is irreplaceable) is just soooo Nineties!

Now kindly do open the ears; put one to the ground and listen closely. The dull backdrop of rhythmic thudding sounds you hear are not yet Tribal Indigenous Worldwide War Drums. Today they are mostly due to the natural life-cycle of multitiered Ponzi-Go-Round National Financial Structures. They are today (oh but only just a mere few so far, today, yes, and the point is...?) collapsing pancake-style and heading straight down at near-freefall speeds toward the basement.

More sadly, as some few already have discovered, that hollowed-out Global Economic System's basement is deeply flooded 'cause even cheap China-made pumps of such mammoth capacity range cost good money. Money, my friend, that "THEY" swore up and down that "THEY" (whozat'they'uvyours?", some fool butts in; duly ignored) ) swore up and down ALL OVER the Telly-Vision every day that THEY "NEEDED" (like a strung-out heroin addict swears; same tone and phrasing; match 'em up!) so as to "INVESTmoreINVESTmoreINVESTmore!").

Ergo, in due course and season, Iceland. Now, THERE we had WAR DRUMS.

The screams? Oh those. Apart from all us Normal People with normal sound minds (though by State fiat duly sore injured) who have been by now robbed, burned and crushed (or are in the process of being so slaughtered, as taxpayers always are by the classic model), it's the greedy corpy Scheissters and their ermine-flaunting Enabler-Class "Gatekeeper"(FNORD! They BURNED the PLANKS and SOLD the very HINGES!) scum,

Yup. It's nothng but Bushwack-y Ponzi Operators Gone Bust. And dragging you and myself and even amanfromMars down down down along with their own criminally impunitive <I>tuchus</i>.

"Oh, but a mere additional 187 tra-la-dillion fresh-minted quatloos from YOUR MINT will surely probably stop all the unpleasantlness... WE shall platform-ize and hypothecate YOUR MONEY (erm, our Wealth Creation, that is) yet again and you too shall have a bit o' dosh from our lily-white (under the muck) hands next, this time for certain, yessss... Oh that "Productivity" matter and "Intrinsic Value" thingie, yassss...

You can certainly just harness your dogs and pigs (oh I meant workers and the police who supervise that abject horde, excuse me) on the cheap now, thanks to Creative Finance and New Instant Bits-on-a-Disk, to grub up a Fresh New Batch of Truffles from amid Mother Earth's living bowels; all the better with which to replace your Normal Bizness Costs after I who am Bankster "Big Boy" Bagman nip safely away, back to Davos... Now pay up."

Not mumbling: "BIG BOY DID IT." Oh Mister Tracy! Paging Officer Tracy!

Hang the whole usurious derivatives-drunken lot. With 'em, all the sold-out PhD+MD Freudian shrink-o-mat hoodwinksters who indeed gladly took normal sensible folks' money to force the Big Lie down every perceptive situational-dystonic throat. See the classic BBC documentary "Century of the Self" for details in depth. Also "The Power of Nightmares" from the same source.

Google and be amazed.

I, for one, heartily WELCOME all our Martian friends as well as all other off-worldly Benevolent NonViolent OverLords to this earth AND to my immediate vicinity. Best company of all, one finds. Beats ones' ever submitting to the tender graces and mercies of our incipient homegrown Reptilian Horde and all who share the Oleander Jungle with 'em, hands down, all day long.

:)

12. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Alien

A Sense of Humour is Important for those Into Sanity Prevailing and Triumphant in Madness

" Nurse, the screens and the really big needle! " ... By Martin Reed Posted Friday 30th January 2009 16:52 GMT

Thank you for that, Martin. It made me chuckle aloud and smile demonically/demoniacally :-) There is however Sane Method and Advanced Purpose in its somewhat Manic Presentation/Secured Delivery/Registered Posting.

"I'm guessing not." .... By Jerome Posted Friday 30th January 2009 19:22 GMT

I'm confirming not, Jerome, although that is only a reflection on Experia not Investigating and Questioning Source/Principal Drivers/Suppliers.

[And please disregard/ignore the typo error HyyperRadioProActivity which of course should be HyperRadioProActive ..... just an overactive slip in all of the Post Modern XXXXCitement]

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Corruption

Delaying a piece of legislation is a fucking valuable thing. You don't just give it away for free!

14. Sooty

douglas adams

i can't help but thing that this just reinforces his idea that anybody who actually wants to get involved in politics, should automatically be disqualified from doing so.

Just pick a random person of the street, seriously, they couldn't be any worse than the current bunch of retards

15. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Moonie, ha.

Moonie? Ah, yes. I remember him when he was my MP in Kirkcaldy. I believe he was also MP for Glenrothes.

He was a completely useless, innefectual MP but a fantastic cock-arranger as far as the constituents could determine - but it's a safe Labour seat, so he was never going to lose there. (Maybe the same reason Glenrothes town centre won the plook-on-the-plinth this week but it could just be coincedence that one of the criticisms was that it seemed he have had no investment for 20 years and he was MP from 1987-2005!)

Suffice to say, I can't understand what he can possibly have done that merited being made a Baron. I'm pretty sure that none of the other constituents know either. (Wikipedia doesn't know, I just checked).

The BBC tell us that "Mr Moonie was previously one of the chief critics of parliamentary sleaze".

He's fucked now then isn't he, the smug, fat, two-faced arsecandler.

16. P. Lee
    Paris Hilton

re: It still gets me

The problem is people don't vote out politicians who are dishonest.

If you can start a war on false pretences, killing hundreds of thousands of people *and get re-elected* who's going to worry about a couple of TVs or modifying the odd law?

17. Pete

If they are any good at being corrupt

then they should be put to work gaining advantages for Britain within the EU. Our mainstream euro politicians are so incomptetent their corruptness only extends to their immediate families.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

R Callan

Are you seriously suggesting that people born into a role with a sense of duty and history to it would do better than some tw*t off the street who went to school with the right people?

It couldn't be, that doesn't fit in with our Glorious Leader's class-war ideals...

19. Peter Simpson
    Alien

@amanfromMars

Full marks for inventive and enthusiastic use of the Shift key!

Otherwise, I haven't a clue what you're going on about.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Expected Police Investigation Outcome?

Since he reportedly also advises BT (I _think_ that is correct) can we expect the police outcome to be that there was no criminal intent and although what he did might have been a crime it is not in the public interest to pursue any action against him?

Because of course, that is what we saw with the Phorm and BT Webwise issue (CPS case decision now pending of course...)

This topic is closed for new posts.