back to article Japan gets 3D phone

Since 3G networks and mobile phone-based wallets are run of the mill in Japan, the country’s network providers need to offer pretty advanced handsets if they want to snare more cash. So operator KDDI has unveiled a phone with a 3D display. WOOO_Ketai_H001_01 The Wooo Ketai H001 had a 3D display The recently announced Ketai …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon
    Flame

3D?

Wow, that's great - my 2D phone keeps getting lost. That extra dimension is going to make it much easier to hold, too.

2. A. Lewis
    Paris Hilton

As opposed to...

All those phones with only exist in two dimensions? I hate those, the keys are always really fiddly.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You are SIX years late!

Actually, Sharp had a couple of fairly popular 3D phones out in Japan way back in 2003. Look up the NTT Docomo SH251iS for example.

4. Wortel
    Coat

Wooo

It's purple! It better get some looser shorts if it wants to have a family.

5. Andy Watt
    Stop

Don't get too excited

They may have a lot of bells and whistles on the phones in Japan, but the UI and usability is bloody awful. Fancy a phone with 5 different UI styles? And a 600 page manual? Urgh.

I can only hope this one is better, but honestly - the DoCoMo phones I've seen have all been a) bricks and b) horrible to use. Also a bit buggy.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like