back to article EU borders database defenestrated in Prague?

An upgrade to the database that allows members of the EU's open borders agreenent to exchange security information could soon be scrapped, even though €28m has already been spent on the project. The future of the delayed Schengen Information System II (SIS II) is in doubt according to a meeting of home affairs ministers in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Moep

But losing money is...

So, the politicians of the Shengen-Countrys would rather "not-touch-the-running-system" AFTER they are halfways through the update than deal with the possibilities of technical errors.

Boy I´m glad they all never did their Windows-Updates ^^

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Who reads The Register?

Well, we don't know that as yet. However, it's obvious that it's written by fans of the thirty-years war...

Don't let me forget my musket.

3. chris
    Thumb Up

good.

good news. getting rid of Schengen would be worth twice that price.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

An emerging pattern?

EU?

Hasty decision makers?

Remember EU gps equivalent? Was that the one that should have been running in 2003?

I bet all of the committees, staff, support workers, .. are still earning a nice bit on that one?

5. James

@AC 01:11GMT

"Remember EU gps equivalent? Was that the one that should have been running in 2003?"

Galileo?

The system that is currently being developed and will neutralise satellite navigation from the US military and increase its accuracy for free and allow Safety of life services?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_positioning_system

6. Bronek Kozicki

28m ? Who cares?

Very little compared to what has already been wasted by UK alone on failed IT projects - NHS being first example .

7. Midas
    Stop

My take on the matter...

Yet another white elephant (of ruinous taxpayer money expenditure) trying to get out of the pond (of total bankruptcy) by delicately jumping over the water lilies (of our debt laden economy)...

This topic is closed for new posts.