back to article Killer robots to get silent-running whisper mode

Georgia-based researchers have announced plans to eliminate one of the last remaining weaknesses of the deadly robotic aerial kill flotillas now poised to end humanity's dominance over planet Earth. The airborne machine spies and automated assassins are now to receive whisper mode, and prowl the skies in eerie silence. "With …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

title

Well i hope the NHS is still doing free hearing tests !

2. Sam Turner
    Happy

I would like to nominate "tinfoilsploitation"

for neologism of the week.

3. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Down

Naaa

they've got to emit some sci-fi noise, otherwise fleshreapin' flybots are no fun at all.

4. Tom Paine
    Black Helicopters

Robots equipped to capture fleshies

Meh, this is nothing compared to the REAL threat, as revealed in today's Maily Telegraph...:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/4314674/Scientists-develop-robocop-to-capture-suspects.html

PH33R! (Any chance of a Reg write-up on this terrifying new development in the RotM?)

5. Schalor Visari
    Thumb Up

Old news, UK has had whisper mode choppers for years.

This capability is already in the hands of the UK law enforcement. I'm someone who was surprised when one late summer night a helicopter floodlight illuminated the field at the back of the house where we were enjoying a late night barbecue with drinks. Not a single sound of a helicopter was heard but we all saw it's light for the few seconds it was on :D

Operator at the controls must have thought it'd be funny and indeed it was. So the fact that they're gettin mini-copters with full whisper is of no surprise.

6. Sam

@Schalor Visari

That wasn't a copter, it was a lizard craft.

Dribble.....

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

WHisper mode Chopper?

Whisper mode chopper? no, no leave it - walk away!

Mine's the one with this weeks copy of "Unspoken"

8. Warhelmet

What Would Jesus Say?

Dirigibles.

9. Kanhef
    Thumb Up

tinfoilsploitation

+1 for Lewis Page

10. Daniel B.
    Coat

Younger Readers?

Should I feel old because I've actually watched Blue Thunder??? That one was kind of like K.I.T.T.'s whirlybird cousin. Looks like someone's aiming to merge both concepts here...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Counter-measures must be taken

I'll be lead-lining my secret volcano base and mounting a large electro-magnetic pulse weapon outside then.

Damn, it's all getting so expensive during this 'credit crunch'

12. Steve West

Not choppers... Iridium flares

A silent chopper turning on its searchlight for a couple of seconds... that's exactly what I thought the first time I saw a really bright Iridium satellite flare.

They vary, but the brightest (magnitude -9) are astonishing and can be seen in broad daylight. You can look up the times on the web or get widgets to do it for you. See "Satellite flare" in Wikipedia for links.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Progress

Now if only we can train the humans to die quietly everything could be handled in such a civilized manner from now on.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like