back to article Suffolk braces for 300mph winds

Those of you living in the Suffolk badlands around the IP20 postcode had better batten down the hatches, nail down your livestock and retreat to your tornado bunkers because tomorrow promises to be a tad windy, according to Metcheck: Metcheck weather forecast for tomorrow showing -300 degree temperatures Mercifully, you won …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Stacey
    Linux

MetOffice is better

Maybe Michael Fish works for Metcheck now.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

El Reg!

That fun bag link is NSFW and should be tagged as such!

3. Geeks and Lies
    IT Angle

Kite flying....

or kite surfing.....hmmmm decsions, decisions.

4. Nicholas McGee
    Go

Well done

An error found. On a website.

Oh look. Its all fixed now.

Yay!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Michael Fish"er

"Earlier on today apparently a lady rang the BBC and said she heard that there was a hurricane on the way. Well don't worry if you're watching, there isn't."

6. Oliver Mayes

Same here

As of Tuesday afternoon it was saying the same thing for here in Telford too, 300 - 400 mph winds for the next seven days. Except for between midnight and 3AM next Monday morning when they briefly drop to about 8mph.

7. Maliciously Crafted Packet

Must be quite localised

Just come back from taking the dog out for a walk, a bit chilly but bright and sunny and not too much of a breeze.

The only Tornados I've seen today is a couple of GR4's flying too low for comfort, belting past at an alarming rate of knots on their way back to Marham.

8. zaax
    Coat

same ass

Same as thoughs 5billion £ gas bills - lousy programming / coding

9. Tim

Pah

Us Norfolk types can cope with a little rough weather. Though I will make sure that it is safe and warm indoors for my wife and sister. She does feel the cold after all.

Tim#3

10. Lionel Baden

lets go fly a kite !!

Well i hope for FFS its not going to effect the cost cause im driving down the coast to devon in a 2CV

Last time that happened it almost ripped my friggin roof off and i almost soiled the seats as i flew across 2 lanes !!

11. David Edwards
    Joke

Turkies

Iff all the Turkies in Norfolk flapped thier wings at the same time..........

12. Paul
    Joke

@oliver mays

Midnight til 3am is the eye of the storm.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Won't some body think of the......

Chickens!

14. Sir Runcible Spoon
    Joke

drag factor?

I'm sure webbed fingers and toes are great for swimming, but they're a bugger when you're trying to reduce your wind co-efficient.

15. Iain Turnbull
    Unhappy

Seems to be a recurring theme

This happened for East Lothian addresses over the new year as well - they had me all set for the Apocalypse, but it didn't seem to come to much...

16. John Macintyre
    Joke

bah

at least the cows will be safe, probably won't feel it after all. but i feel the need for £2m to investigate anyway..

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/14/cow_earthquake_shocker/

17. Paul Young

@ Tim

By Tim Posted Wednesday 21st January 2009 14:04 GMT

Us Norfolk types can cope with a little rough weather. Though I will make sure that it is safe and warm indoors for my wife and sister. She does feel the cold after all.

So let me get this right....

You married your Sister?

And I thought West Cornwall folk were wierd!

just cold, wet and windy here, brrrrrrrr

18. fixit_f
    Go

Blackheath too

I'm a keen kite landboarder so I check this site all the time - we were looking at 349mph on Friday morning....

19. Nigel
    Thumb Up

Google humour?

Those ads by Google deserve a second look. A golf break for the skeptical, or secure storage (which might survive rather better than the average house) for the gullible. Well spotted, Googlebot-AIs.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

eh up

@Tim#3 "Us Norfolk types can cope with a little rough weather. Though I will make sure that it is safe and warm indoors for my wife and sister. She does feel the cold after all"

Might be the way i read your comment but the last person i talked to who's wife and sister were one and the same came from across the pond, didn't know things were that bad in the south :)

21. Mark
    Boffin

Re: Huricane

Well, it wasn't.

*Technically* it was high winds.

NOTE: The model (from what I heard from friends who work there), got it right, but such weather models are run several times with slight changes to see what may happen if the numbers are off.

One result had it moving north and hitting the UK and another result had it continuing onward and giving france the pasting it so richly deserves.

That one was picked (with a lot of justification, the track was already going that way), and the model output saying it would hit the UK was deemed unlikely and thrown away.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

must be...

Hmm... near absolute zero temperatures... must be global warming...

23. Seán

Pathetic

"That fun bag link is NSFW and should be tagged as such!"

What kind of shitty worthless job is that?

24. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Hardly on the same par...

As when the BBC broadcast similar winds on their maps, and described 20 cms of snow as almost an inch:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IdLUkvkBVrw

This topic is closed for new posts.