back to article Phone features baffling users

Configuring mobile phones and setting up applications has become too complex for many users, a report’s concluded. Of 4000 people questioned across the UK and US by consultancy Mformation, 85 per cent said just getting a new phone up and running is a frustrating and difficult affair. Around 95 per cent said they would be more …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Poor old ITV

So a company that flogs solutions for automatically configuring mobile handsets claims that customers find configuring mobile handsets a bit tricky. And the BBC reports it without a hint of investigation or criticism. And then the Register picks it up without any either.

Why does anybody bother spending money on telly adverts when they can just send a press release to the BBC and get all the free promotion they need?

2. It'sa Mea... Mario
    Go

To me that just sounds like...

..3800 people that could do with an iPhone..

(and no I don't have one. I'm happy with Orange)

Despite the presence at least two bits of juicy flame bait in my short post you may as well save your (expensive) fuel as I'm fireproof! lol

3. Frederick Tennant
    IT Angle

When will industry learn

Cant use your phone? This is why i got the iphone, Get the internet? just push a button, One database rules them all, Contacts links to maps text, phone email etc make a call all done from your database.

Finally all applications from one source, all a bit too easy if you ask me. So what dose the rest of the industry do? Well their first mistake is calling to "dumb down" instructions! What!! who is going to admit that they require a dumb version, not me. (ITS CALLED SIMPLE TO USE NOT DUMB)

I dont know what apple has behind their walls but they are thinking and listening to people and not techies. what the phone industry should worry about is if apple produces a cheep phone for the masses.

4. E-Victims.org

5 minutes on safety

We are just starting to see more problems with online issues hitting mobile phones. Yep, the criminals are thrilled there is another device like Iphone to get to new victims.

I would like to see people spend 5 minutes learning how to be safe before they learn how to work their "fun" features. I know it ain't gonna happen.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like