back to article Yahoo! to! name! former! Autodesk! chief! as! new! CEO!

It appears that Yahoo! will name former Autodesk boss Carol Bartz as its next chief executive officer. According to The Wall Street Journal, Bartz has accepted the company's offer to replace Jerry Yang, the man who rejected a $47.5bn takeover bid from Steve Ballmer and Microsoft. Yahoo! did not immediately respond to a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

More power to her

I hope for the sake of Yahoo and it's share holders she can turn things around and to what that nitwit Yang failed to do. Granted I don't have the rampant paranoia when it comes to Google as some here do *yes certain un named El Reg contributors I'm looking at you*, however I would very much like to see Yahoo come back and give Google a run for it's money. The more high level competitors we have in the search market the better it is for us all. I think given her experience that Carol Bartz is certainly a very good choice to do just that. I wish her the best of luck trying to steer and put on the right course the ship of fail that Yang has turned Yahoo into.

BTW: Good! on! you! Cade! for! properly! punctuating! the! title! of! your! article!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Please! Shoot! Yahoo! Now!

And just kill that useless turd of a company. It's worth more to the shareholders liquidated than it is bleeding money.

3. Jemma
    Dead Vulture

TO! QUOTE! JOHN! CRICHTON!

"WHO! THE! HELL! CARES! .... MEET! MR! WORMHOLE!"

4. Stuart

!!!!'s

Not en%$gh! F8c428ng exclam$#@%&&&^$ f*r g*d$ sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. CKM
    Thumb Down

AutoDesk is HATED

In the CAD industry, AutoDesk is THE most hated company. It's basically Oracle and Microsoft combined, with super aggressive sales people, massive vendor locking, outrageously expensive and insane software licenses for what is essentially outdated software.

Most AutoCad users are either completely locked in or eager for any viable alternative.

Basically, Yahoo is f'd., Selling my shares in the morning.

6. James Woods

r.i.p yahoo

Does anyone really care about yahoo at this point? Why do they even call themselves a search engine when their site looks like youtube.com.

If I held stock in yahoo i'd be rattling my chains in my padded cell trying to GET OUT:)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Exclamation!

Isn't! The! Whole! Yahoo!! Exclamation! Mark! Headline! Thing! Getting! A! Little! Old! Now!?

8. IHateWearingATie
    Pirate

Ha ha

Changing captains on the titanic...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like