back to article Motorola parades touchscreen talker

The touchscreen mobile market has expanded yet again, following Motorola’s introduction of the MotoSurf A3100. MotoSurf_A3100 Motrola's MotoSurf A3100: a touchscreen tablet talker Described as a “touch tablet,” the device runs on Windows Mobile 6.1 but has a customisable home screen layer that can be personalised to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I must need more caffeine

I misread the name of the device as "MotoSmurf".

2. Yorkshirepudding
    Coat

i lol'd

iphone killer? motorola? in the same sentance ha!

in fact motorola? haha!

best get me coat now before the motorola fanboys start baying for blood

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Blackberry Bold has WiFi - Blackberry Storm does not.

And... that MotoSmurf ain't gonna kill anything, ,except Moto's sales figures (3MP, Video Calling) have they had an extra long vacation (like since 2006!)?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Love the interface

Love the interface - bang up to the nineties.

5. James
    Unhappy

fanboys???

Since when did Motorola ever have fanboys?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Windows Mobile?

I thought I read an article in El Reg that Motorola were making staff redundant - unless they were Andriod experts ? What's it to be - MS or Google ?

7. James O'Brien
    Flame

Should you say it?

NO YOU SHOULD NOT!!!!! iPhone may not be licked here by me, but I have used one and they are nice. If I didnt need WinMobile for work I would more then likely have one.

8. Dark_rain

Finally...

A Motorola device that might actually be useful for something other than shitty adverts and bloody annoying ringtones. Motorola stuff has sucked since analogue days, but this might change the trend (yes, I know there are other motorola devices that run WM but as far as I'm aware, those weren't touch devices.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

rotfl

About 3-4 yerars ago Motorola were attempting to debut a clamshell phone that ran WM6 opened in two different directions, had wifi and having used for a couple of days would have sold like hot cakes - it was way ahead of the game - at the time. They ditched it just before it's release - quality issues if I recall. ever since Motorola have not been able to design a phone. Motorola, in the past always had a rock solid GSM interface developed in their phones, better than most - having been forced to use a V3 recently near the Himalayas recently, that still is the case. However, their design teams appear to have been stuck in the mid-90's since the V3 came out and this is further proof of it.

2009 will represent the introduction of 10 and 12 megapixel camera phones and they still haven't produced one with more than 3 - this phone needed at least a 5 mp camera just to be competitive against the Korean POS phones.

PH - even she knows that a RIM device knocks spots off most other phones ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like