back to article Crash survivor Twitters from burning plane (false)

Having survived a plane crash the first thing most people might do is phone their loved ones, or run straight to the nearest bar for a stiff drink. Mike Wilson became a notable in social networking by deciding to Twitter instead after coming through unscathed from a brush with death. Wilson was a passenger of a Continental …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Twitter is for Twits

Anyone with so little sense as to be twittering in the midst of a disaster deserves to die. It really is that simple.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

@Twitter is for Twits

>"Anyone with so little sense as to be twittering in the midst of a disaster deserves to die."

Well, as TFA makes clear, this guy didn't, and reading what he wrote, I don't even see how anyone got that impression in the first place, it was all pretty clearly written in the past tense.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@AC

Ummm... did you even read the story?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Cause

Did he cause it then? He MUST have been playing with his phone in order to relay the details so quickly after the event; so I'm sure the CAA/AAIB will be investigating the possibility that his mobile caused the incident.

Also, if he's been involved in 2 'crashes', I'm sure he'll be investigated as a terrorist!

5. NukEvil
    Coat

"twittering"??

Seriously? First "googling", now "twittering"? Has the English Language reached the point where we just make up words now?

Oh, wait...

Mine's the one with the dictionary in the pocket. Back on the burning plane...

6. Nate
    Stop

@AC

"Anyone with so little sense as to be twittering deserves to die. It really is that simple."

There. Fixed that for ya.

7. shay mclachlan
    Thumb Down

Just as well

Just as well he didnt start twittering in the wreckage. Electronic devices and aviation fuel do not always go well together.

8. Mark
    Coat

Twittering on the plane?

So that's what caused the crash

9. Martin Watson
    Coat

Wrong terminology?

Maybe 'twittering' should be 'tw*ttering'.

Mines the one thats going up in flames over in the corner...

10. J
    Flame

hehe

Pretty funny blurbs, he got there.

Were I superstitious, I'd seriously consider avoid flying in the same plane with this guy, though...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

"...in a replacement plane..."

Oh, so they didn't just hose it down, put safety cards in the seat back pockets, and send 'em on their way?

12. Paul Smith
    Coat

@ NukEvil

Open your back pocket dictionary and look up the word Twittering, you'll see it's not actually a made up word. Twittering: Rapidly speaking high-pitched, trivial, shit.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

@Nate

Thanks. That's more like it.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@J

I'd think I may actually *prefer* to fly with this dude. Granted, his flights have an alarming history of not making it to their destination, but he seems to have an uncanny ability to survive.

Mine's the Nomex one with traces of fire-retardant foam on it.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

(bad/failed jokes and people who try too hard really annoy me..)

Who cares.

As always there are people trying to milk tragedies (/ near tragedies). Technology is just making it easier for an even lower species of jackass to get famous.

This guy sounds completely lame. I've never seen a more obvious and pathetic brag. Or a more pathetic idea (the website, clearly only for people who think very highly of themselves and constantly feel the need to brag and seek attention)

You'd think if he twittered from a place of safety he would have had enough time to think of something less lame to post.

He would have got what he wanted if was genuinely blase, or speaking plain facts. "I was just in a(nother?) plane crash" Instead his I-was-in-a-plane-crash, chick-getting-line will be forever marred by the fact that he attempted to make one of the worlds most pathetic, trying too hard jokes.

I agree that twitting should be renamed something along the line of tw*t...

16. Bad Beaver
    Thumb Down

what's the story?

Random bloke lives to tell and does without shame. I fail to see why any regular activity of passing on information instantly becomes ¡teh sh1t! simply because it involves twitter, or some other logorrhoea vehicle for the new age of logomaniacs.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

hmm

is this what the western world is coming to...

I like to think he'll put the money he got from fox news etc. was put to good use.

18. Jodo Kast
    Paris Hilton

Twitter!

Clearly Twitter is useful to some people. Why knock it if you don't Get It?

19. Gulfie
    Thumb Up

@Twitter is for Twits

AC, I'm with you one hundred percent. Anyone who uses Twitter clearly has more time on their hands than friends in their address book, and their followers are the new wave of 'train spotters'...

"I saw a tweet from Joe the other day" "really, I saw one from Frank, he said he was about to buy a coffee/take a dump/put petrol in the car" - get a life, please. Sad people who buy the single slice of Christmas cake from Tesco to share between themselves and their no mates...

Oh and el Reg, if any of you ever admit to twittering I may be forced to take myself and my Mock The Week ripped-off lines to a competitor site... "I am the antitweet, I am an anarchist..."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like