back to article Apple ejects iBoobs

An application that allows iPhone users to wobble a pair of breasts has been rejected by Apple's application store, denying iPhone geeks the nearest thing to sex they'll get this holiday season. The application was rejected on the grounds of "objectionable content", though with the caveat: "If you believe that you can make the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

maybe they were worried about....

"Look and feel"

I know, the coatrack is at the back

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Damm it!

I almost had a reason to buy an iphone

3. Martin Lyne

Hopefully

I'll be able to get it for another accelerometer phone.

4. Gavin Jamie

Upsetting the masses

...really should have been the subheading.

5. breakfast Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

Is this not redundant?

I thought one would feel a tit for having an iPhone in the first place.

6. Hywel Thomas

Is there…

Is there an open sauce version ?

7. Marc
    Unhappy

only app worth paying for

Shame really, as this is would have been the only app in the appstore worth paying for..(maybe the lightsaber too).

8. Pete
    Joke

For women?

And where is the female version of iBoobs? Like "iWiener" ... and should be much more fun for both sex too, because there is one more part to swing around involved in iWiener! (you know, three parts instead of just two, if you count 'em right, you know ...)

9. Richard Cartledge

Welcome to MacFoxes

Press my button come cheer me on.

I remember this from the early 1990s. It was a MacroMind Director thing before Macromedia and then Adobe took it on board.

- Now that would be fun on the iPhone.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

maybe they were worried that the iphone ...

might go mammary glands skywards ( titsup ) if they allowed such software !

11. Stu
    Happy

Mesmerised.

That video is just awesome. No two ways about it.

*replay the vid*

You'll have to excuse me, I'm terribly sorry, I am afraid I've just cum.

*replay the vid*

Oh, I do apologise, I've just cum again. I'm going to have to go and sit down.

'The Fast Show' tribute!

12. g00p
    Thumb Up

@ iweiner

good idea!

or iBollocks!

i wonder i'f they'd develop it for any of the newer sony ericssons

13. Mike Moyle
    Coat

Surely, you meant...

"...we can only congratulate them on a jub well done."

Right... I'm off!

14. Elmer Phud
    Happy

Onan on

Is this aimed at the maturity level of yer average iPhone user?

(or should it be called the Jizzers Phone now?)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmm

but what's offensive about boobs? Come to think about it, what's offensive about sex in general? Bar having it on my table when you're ugly and I'm sat there having to watch of course.

Why can't you have a "touch up the hottie" game on your iphone?

Childish prudish types.

Silly app too, make touch up the hottie, it'll be a far more amusing venture.

16. Christopher Martin

Information lacking

Did they explain what was "objectionable" about it? Does it do something the article hasn't described?

17. Rob
    Joke

Ah bless just like....

.... the good ole days of Lesiure Suit Larry, what a classy game that was ;)

18. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: Ah bless just like

LSL - coming soon to the PS3, apparently.

19. James O'Brien
    Coat

How can we forget

iTwat? Just think about it we could partner that with iWeiner and using the bluetooth functionality we could control each other......

/Hand me that towel over there and then I'm out

20. sleepy

here you go - this is much better

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/bounceometer/shock.html

Go on - have a look - it's really well done.

21. h4rm0ny
    Paris Hilton

@shockabsorber.

That's... it's just... I mean... that's hilarious. And really impressive. And hilarious again. And... just... wow!

Paris Hilton - do we need a reason?

22. Stewart Haywood
    Joke

@ iweiner

I wonder if it would stand up to the abuse.

23. LaeMi Qian

You can always tell a bottle-fed baby! ;-P

I am glad it is CG, that looks rather painful, particularly towards the end!

+1 iWeiner :-D

24. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

injoke?

Lifelike texture ;_;

25. Matthew Ellen

Objectionality

Perhaps Apple are worried that feminists browsing the app store would spot this app and rise up in disgust, seeing the app store as just another bastion of material objectifying the female form as nothing more than a plaything. But that seems unlikely. They're probably just worried about getting put on the sex offenders' register, for selling material potentially covered by that new law.

26. J. Ramirez
    Happy

records coordinator

I think that is degrading to women even though we look good, why don't we change it up a little and make one of a penis and balls hanging for us to jiggle...Hahaha. that would be a great change. Any other suggestions?

27. Armus Squelprom
    Paris Hilton

Subjective Objection

"objectifying the female form as nothing more than a plaything"

It's what Christmas is really about... :o)

28. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Is anyone else sick of Apple this, apple that ?

Every time I look at the reg now or digg, there is always some boring apple related item.

Someone wrote a program so I can add two numbers together on my iPhone WOW!!!!!!

I mean there was one article where whomever wrote it made out that VOIP on an iPhone was something new that only apple could do and wow thanks so much to our master steve jobbs what a guy.

I am so bored of hearing about every single application being released, every application that gets turned down or removed. Your like BMW drivers. If you put a badge on a turd you would queue up and wait for it and write thousands of blog messages about it.

I see no innovation in anything apple does besides the queer designs that people only buy them for (and to show off). There I said it. Apple users STFU.

I bet i've angered all "el reg" staff now.... since most of them are dimwitted American monkeys that are unable to spell or punctuate and fill their articles with analogies about shooting people and have a vocabulary of about 20 words so resort to profanity every second or third word...and who guess what...... all use MACS (Either because they dont know how to use a PC, or more likely, they like to bitch a lot and make themselves as noticeable as possible - hence why they own a mac)

29. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Yeah and ?!

"make one of a penis and balls hanging for us to jiggle...Hahaha. that would be a great change"

Would not bother me. Only fat bitches complain about pretty girls.

30. Ron Eve
    Joke

@AC 13.30

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial!

31. Gerry
    Alert

@sleepy

Not only were you asleep on the job but El Reg has forgotten its own history

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/03/10/bounceometer/

32. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

iWeiner?

More like iMeatspin

33. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Confused

I don't own a Mac, iPhone or any other Apple device (aside from having Quicktime on my PC).

Can they restrict what you run on a Mac ?

Does Flash work on the iPhone - can they restrict the content of Flash applications (see bounceometer link provided by Gerry).

I would have thought they could harden the OS on the iPhone to prevent telephony fraud/hacking and not have to act as censor. They'll be restricting movies you can watch on the iPhone to PG next...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like