back to article Mac supremacists annexe Maidstone

As of Saturday, the good burghers of Maidstone will be able to enjoy the well-stocked premises of what's described as the "biggest flagship store" of Blighty's "largest independently owned Apple Premium Reseller" - the snappily-named "Stormfront" chain whose tentacles already extend to Exeter, Plymouth and Salisbury. Well, we …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Stormfront (the Aryan One)

is an old, established venue of all things bloody stupid whitey. I'm sure that the folks in England must have known about these folks. They've been around at least as long as the Web.

The white supremacists over here are going into a screeching frenzy.

I wonder why?

PH, because she may not have a clue (or an inheritance anymore), but even she wouldn't name a store chain "Stormfront."

2. Vincent
    Jobs Horns

Pointless?

I don't see much of a point. Nothing from my initial observations looks like it's cheaper than what's on the Apple Store, so yeah, if you want a Mac then you're still going to be ripped off.

3. Andy Long
    Thumb Down

that other stormfront...

Anyone looked at that other stormfront site.

I really didn't think people like that existed anymore.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Hmm...

Living in maidstone as I do, I can't help thinking that the other stormfront might have been more popular...

5. Paul McConkey

that other stormfront...

If it wasn't so serious you would automatically assume that stormfront.org was a very well put together joke - the forums include:

Science, Technology and Race (29 Viewing)

Privacy, Network Security & Encryption (9 Viewing) (Maybe the BNP should look here)

For Stormfront Ladies Only (12 Viewing)

Poetry (8 Viewing) ??????

Completely bizarre! Has an El reg hack been on to the Mactard Stormfront to let them know yet?

6. evilbobthebob
    Joke

@Andy

Yeah, I know, you'd have thought Mac fanbois would have died out years ago...

7. Roy Stilling

Did they really choose the name?

Or did they simply buy one of those off-the-shelf companies with a name in the format "noun+noun" and couldn't be bothered to change it?

Poor research by them either way...

8. Robin

tiny 'avatar'

So the white power nutters have small 'avatars', that could explain there obvious anger issues.

9. Matt Martin
    Flame

iStockPhoto

Loving their use of iStock images.. Sure they could spare a few points to buy the image, no?

http://www.stormfrontdirect.co.uk/education.htm

http://www.stormfrontdirect.co.uk/images/teacher_discount.jpg

10. Graham Marsden

... Gather together to greet the storm...

... Tomorrow belongs to me!

- Cabaret.

11. Paul Kelly
    Linux

Advanced Photoshop Tutorial

Not only have they picked a terrible name, but I was delighted to see the high-quality reflection effect on the button reading "Buy Now - Pay Later" at their website. Another triumph for Apple-wielding graphic designers!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Wonder what the neonazis think...

about having their brand associated with apple's overpriced, proprietary hardware and software?

/me waits for the epic legal battle.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Buy now pay later icon

That is so bad it's brilliant, the use of the iStock photo is just plain rubbish.

Penguin cos it's f*!king cold outside!!!

14. Marvin the Martian
    Boffin

@ "Pointless" Vincent

Actually more expensive than the Apple Store, seeing that you can't get the `education' discount. You know, buy any student or uni worker a beer and use their ID to buy the stuff.

15. TeeCee Gold badge
    Joke

Could be deliberate.

You know, white supremacy?

(To those not getting this*, mosey round to your local retailer of nibbled fruit produce and look through the window at the products on show. Note the predominant colour............)

*Yeah, I know, but there's *always* some 'tard with a sense of humour bypass around.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder what stock...

iRule

iNfuhrer, iNreich

iNvade

iHaveasmallwillyanddressasastormtroopertocompensate

17. Marvin the Martian
    Unhappy

@dd location-info to stock/photoshop skills

If we're going into details, well: I took my lunchbreak walk (sunny yet fresh, for those who're not the venturing-out kind) at the location indicated by their `googlemaps' locator for the Exeter store.

Saw a few MOT and paint garages in metal sheds from the mid-80s. But they're building a marine supplies unit. Nothing businesspark-like as the photo suggests. And the street has no name on the GMaps... if you GMap for the streetname, a different location altogether appears (but also without a streetname). Hm.

18. Chris
    Coat

White computers.....

for white people?

19. Chief sub

get your toys back in the pram, boys

Yet another ho-ho very funny anti-Apple article from Der Register, which - predictably - brings out the usual bilious regurgitations from those old 90s flame-war veterans who shake a cup wanting sympathy/empathy/nods of condescension for...what? Don't know exactly. What I do know is that while they're guffawing at Apple's terrwibly-terrwibly monstrous error of naming its new store Stormfront (which no one knew was particularly associated with Nazism, or anything else for that matter, until Der Register kindly pointed it out), these flame-war vets probably quite like the music of that late-80s cult band, Joy Division, and its 90s-incarnation, New Order. Hmmm...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like