back to article Microsoft updates Mac Office 2008

Microsoft today released the latest in its ongoing series of updates to Office 2008 for Mac. According to Microsoft, fixer-upper 12.1.5 "contains several changes that improve security, stability, reliability, and performance. Additionally, this update includes fixes for vulnerabilities that an attacker can use to overwrite the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. craig

you dont need the intermidiate updates

install 12.1.0, and then:

This update includes all the improvements that were released in all previous Office 2008 for Mac updates. For more information about the improvements in a previous update, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

953822 Description of the Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.1 Update

956344 Description of the Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.2 Update

958267 Description of the Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac 12.1.3 Update

unquote

2. s. pam Silver badge
    Flame

No downloads avalable

Funny article -- especially when here in Oz I've just tried to run Mac Office Update and it says "No new updates available at this time".

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Ho-Hum

How about feature parity with the Windows version of your flagship product?

The lack of conditional formatting options alone in Excel drive me up a tree. I haven't gotten the $7 worth that I paid under MSFT's racket with my university. Lastly, performance on mac is practically the same as 2004.

4. Corrine

RTF hole

Wasn't that bug patched way back in the summer? I didn't pay attention to the MS fixes, but I know it was in my update alerts for Debian...

6 months is a bad turnaround time, even for Microsoft.

5. A. H. O. Thabeth

How to improve performance of Excel charts on the Mac

Use CrossOver, http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ , and install Office 2000/2003/XP (i.e. the PC version).

CrossOver only uses one of the cores, but it is still so much faster than Office 2008 for the Mac at editing charts.

I hope this helps.

Abdo

6. N

Office on mac

I had a go with codeweavers crossover, it looks quite good & runs all of Office 2000 & 2003 apart from Access 2003 which did not run at the time, but they may fix eventually.

I cant see the point of the latest version of Office as everything by Microsoft seems to have problems somewhere & be ten times bigger than the last version.

I have Office 2000 for my PC & cant see any reason to change!

7. joe
    Alert

rtf?!

How on earth are they still finding security issues with the code that parses RTFs? Surely this code is (a) simple enough and (b) mature enough that they shouldn't be having to patch it anymore...

8. Mark Anderson

Oops, forgot updates 12.0.1 and 12.1.0

We purchased Office for our school and I was very amused to download the install software and the same day have to install the following patches: 12.0.1, 12.1.0, then 12.1.1. Fun. Just under half a gig of patches.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like