back to article Yahoo! planning massive layoffs for Wednesday

The massive layoffs that Yahoo!'s departing CEO Jerry Yang warned about in October will reportedly hit the search firm's employees Wednesday morning. A report on Dow Jones' All Things Digital claims the planned Yahoo! worker-decimation scheme will arrive tomorrow with further cuts on the way. Yang said during the company's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Glenn Gilbert
    Stop

Never understood how Yahoo just don't get it!

It seems so bleeding obvious why people deserted Yahoo for Google and stayed loyal to Google. Yahoo is so utterly horrible with all their damn adverts and colour and general crap flying around the screen. In comparison Google has always been such a peaceful place.

What the hell is it; are Yahoo executives completely stupid?

There's none so blind as those who don't want to see. It's the same with the flashing adverts on other sites; they start it. Thankfully AdBlock stops it.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

a dose of the obvious

should! have! sold! to! Micro$oft!

dumb-asses

tomb-stone, cos thats what they will be under soon

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Please! Learn! To! Title! Yahoo! Articles! Correctly!

'Nuff said.

4. Simpson
    Flame

Sigh..., @Glenn Gilbert

"It seems so bleeding obvious", "so utterly horrible with all their damn adverts and colour and general crap"

I feel the same way...

It took a few weeks before I realized that those ads on the right side of the new El Reg weren't ads. Most of them are links to articles... They really are... I'm not kidding.

P.S.

My spell check tried to correct "El Reg" to "El Rag". But I decided that my computer monitor was not good for wiping up spills, so I left it as El Reg

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Two words to the employees....

Merry Christmas.....

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

HR

Whilst it's never nice to see people being sacked I'm glad it's happening to the Human Resources department.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people. Let's hope my own employer takes note....

7. Whitter

Eh? Real stuff on the RHS?

Cheers for the heads up Simpson.

Like most others, my eyes have become immune to any activity on the RHS or top of a page. If it moves, I don't look at it. If it's got big text, ditto. Big box in the middle? My eyes sweep around without a glance inside.

And that's with no flash, gif unanimated, no iframes etc.

8. Stephen Hunt
    Coat

Yah...

Yahboo or Yahoboohoo?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

... and a Happy New Year

Nice timing, guys :(

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like