back to article 'MS rep' claims he predicted NXE RRoD woes

A Microsoft customer service representative (CSR) predicted that the New Xbox Experience (NXE) would cause downloaders Red Ring of Death (RRoD) woes, it has been claimed. Earlier this month, blog Gaming Confidential published a quote from the unnamed CSR - said by the site to be a "trusted source" - who alleged: “Our …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

NEWSFLASH...

Microsoft releases a product before it's ready, to gain an unfair advantage over the competition, and screw consumers over with a unreliable product..

NXE

Xbox360

Vista

Xbox

.Net 1.0

WindowsME

IIS

Just off the top of my head, i'm sure there are plenty of others. Personally, I am happy I waited for PS3, sure I had to wait a year (AKA save up for a year), but I got a finished product, with Blu-ray, that's reliable, not some feature-cut unreliable junk.

2. Roberto
    Joke

hahah

buy a playstation!

3. Mike Dyne
    Thumb Up

Idiots

How bout you jump on your fanboi bandwagon and GTFO.

NXE is lovely, my 360 works fine, majority of us 360 owners are happy gamers.

4. Andrew Luton
    Flame

more people using 360s?

Not that i want to defend MS.. but i imagine this spate of RRoD's has probably got something to do with the fact that a lot of people (like me) barely used their 360 for 6 months or so (actually longer than that!!), then NXE comes along.. "oooh let's check it out", so 360's that havent been used for a while are probably getting a few months work out which probably causes issues if they've gathered the amount of dust mine had!

Andrew

5. keith

360 rocks

i experienced a red ring of death well before this new update arrived but it hasnt stopped me loving my 360. microsoft really should of corrected and tested there systems before they release them to the public and fixed this rrod problem and also make sure the system doesnt overheat or develop faults with hardware as thease issues give the 360 a bad reputation my 360 died due to a motherboard fault

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

NXE just killed my 360.

RROD within 10 minutes of upgrading it. It's also now outside the warranty. Time to finally buy a PS3. Anyone want a broken 360 for spares or repair? Games are going on ebay, as Gamestation tradein prices are a joke.

7. eric carter

Fixed My Red Lights

I had this problem last year twice the first time I took it back I got a new one at best buy. The second time though the warranty was up and microsoft said they could not do anything about it, unless I paid $140 for the repair and that didn’t include shipping and handling. I was pretty mad but I did some across a repair guide, with videos for like $20 and it saved my gamer score from suffering ha. It took about an hour to fix my rrod error and opening the console was a snap. I got it from redlightxbox360.com if you are having the same problems and microsuck wants you to shell out more money I suggest getting a repair guide.

8. PIB

@Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse

Couldn't pass this topic without congratulating you on your user name:

With comments like that, it truly suits you.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like