back to article Police claim parents support youth database

A nuisance youth database described as "an educational tool" has won parents' approval, according to police in Clacton. The database holds details of children and young people caught causing antisocial behaviour in neighbourhoods. Information held includes name, address, the type of incident, and its location. Essex police see …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. gaz

rejoice

ah my faith in the police and courts instantly restored.

how about more coppers on the streets????

2. Don

Maybe I'm paranoid...

But what's to stop someone a few years down the road from deciding to carry this database into the kids adult lives?

Just the fact that the information is kept is enough of a risk IMHO.

Who among us weren't complete psychos as kids?

3. Colin Jackson

Idiocy

This despite the data showing that youth crime is in fact decreasing, and that society's biggest problem is the unwarranted FEAR of crime. It's just another example of the power-that-be using fear to increase their control and surveillance within society. All 'for their own good' of course.

You know, I used to be middle-of-the-road, but this kind of crap turns even a lazy middle-class apathist like me into a raving crusty fascist-baiter.

4. Luther Blissett

Why do they need a database?

I'll repeat that. Why do they need a database?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How about this...

Maybe the Police should arrest people and put their cases forward to the CPS for prosecution, if they are breaking the law. Or maybe they thought that they wouldn't get a prosecution, or the CPS wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, so they'll just send threatening letters to the kids and their parents so it looks like they are doing something.

This topic is closed for new posts.