back to article US presidential hopefuls face the YouTubers

Yesterday saw something of a first for American politics, as Democratic wannabe presidential candidates took part in a live televised debate on CNN. That in itself is nothing new: but this time there was a sprinkle of techno pixie dust, in that the candidates were responding to questions submitted by members of the public in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How very pop culture...

Using YouTube would be little difference to using Facebook to launch or promote something through. They are both products which are heros for the day.

People jumping on the bandwagon often do so with little understanding about what they are really doing, and as a result often miss the point of what is possible with modern technology out there.

2. Gleb

sources

Would it kill you to cite your sources, or at least link to the hub of these videos?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I wonder....

how much money did YouTube make from advertising alone during this discussion?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

agreed...

Like Nixon answering questions recorded on 8 track or betamax... still, nice to date such pompous events with a bit of kitsch...

5. CJ

Ey?

I don't quite understand. Why did they use youtube when the people making the videos could have just emailed them to CNN or transmitted by standard means? Google (yt's owners) must have donated alot of money to someone for the name dropping

6. Paul

Follow up - Goatse Flash on CNN YouTube Debate?

http://www.keebler.net/blog/2007/07/24/goatse-on-cnn/

I have to question the authenticity of the above link, since I would have assumed The Register(R) to have been first with this story if it were, in fact, genuine.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The real revolution of the Internet would be if...

the story was about the clips that people are posting of politicians at local rallies, saying things that they don't intend the nation to hear.

The crap that this story is about has nothing to do with Internet revolution, it just more of this "Web 2.0" junk: established companies using the Internet in established ways. This is no more than a typical cross pomotional add campaign.

This topic is closed for new posts.