back to article Anti-fraud site targeted in Joe Job attack

Fraudsters have upped the ante in their fight to discredit a respected UK-based anti-fraud website. The email address of Bobbear.co.uk, which fights phishing fraud by exposing groups attempting to recruit money mules, was spoofed in obscene emails. The Joe Job attack represents a further attempt to make life difficult for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Simple answer

If the IDs of compromised PCs can be lifted from the DDOS or the spam-emails, prosecute the owners of said PCs for aiding and abetting. It's the only way.

Users of vulnerable systems need to wake up and either replace those system or bring their security up to snuff.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's a sign they're doing something right

Such attacks are good publicity, and show the guy is probably indeed hurting some scammer out there.

Well done.

3. Stuart

Fasthosts, thanks!

Never thought I'd hear that. But it takes some guts and resource to continue to host a DoS targetted site. Especially as it is a low revenue job. Well done FH and I hope this is part of putting your past reputation behind you.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

While reading this article

I received a mail claiming to be from Paypal that linked to the following site

http://www.stamm-belz.de/Deutz/44810.paypal.com/webscr_cmd_login-run.php

Which is clearly a forgery gathering Paypal details.

Just a coincidence?!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Battle on bud!

'nuff said.

Well done mate! It's good to see someone making a stand.

(posting anonymously of course)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Well done that man!

But why's he doing a job that our law enforcement agencies by all rights should handle...? Is it maybe because gubment is clueless? Yes indeed it is! But harassing and snooping on their own citizens is sooo much easier. It doesn't take competence, just muscle to force ISPs to do the job. Puke factor 10...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like