back to article Peaches Geldof - she's back!

Peaches Geldof has returned to the virtual pages of Nylon, having copped a savage shoeing for her first dip* into hackery. Apparently none the worse for wear for the righteous critical beating administered by outraged Nylon readers, Peaches now offers insights into what's hot in the world of music, including The Junkman Band, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. g00p
    Paris Hilton

...... :|....:o...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH silly cow.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hmm...

"...Vivienne Westwood once told me..."

Never name drop, Mick Jagger told me that.

3. Elmer Phud

Like father - like daughter

Just gimme the fucking money!

4. Martin Lyne

Anyone that says

You know I don't follow fashion BECAUSE.. (and the becuase is not followed with "I have a combover")

Is worse than mindless sheeple following fashion, for they are trying to be either counterculture types (rebelling by creating a new norm, rebellion fail) or just trying to lead the new mainstream fashion (just fail fail, really)

To quote Strike Anywhere, "Prisoner Echoes"

" [...] I see the 'Young Revolutionaries' changing clothes, living in condition while the third world grows weary of supporting all the costume changes [...]"

More stuff that lasts, less cheap fashion and vapid people talking about it.

5. neb
    IT Angle

arse biscuits

that is all

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Fashion leader

Oooh died the tips of her hair blue. How 1980's

7. Yorkshirepudding
    Coat

silly bint

no one cares what you think

"tell me why i dont like peaches! tell me why i dont like peaches!"

mines the one with the 'do they know' cassette

8. Alex

oh

oh. that is all.

9. Mark
    Paris Hilton

Link?

Link to the offending hackery please.

Enquiring minds need to know!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Darn you to heck!

Because I like to regard myself a thoughtful man of fair and carefully considered opinions, I ventured back to the NYLON site - the first and only time, I promise, since last considering my disdain for The Authoress and her coterie. That first time, to my shame, I restricted myself to the notorious scribble alone but this time I took a moment to browse the publication proper and in doing so I came to a disturbing realisation.

Nylon, the online magazine, is a seizure-inducing dyslexic patchwork of vapid pap pitched at a lost generation of female teens - with their mobile texting depleted attention spans and reality TV cultivated value systems - trapped in a disturbing alternate reality where High School Musical is high drama, and ring tones are the ultimate in personal expression. Where book reviews struggle to delve beyond the blurb on the dust jacket and where bloggers lament the moccasin but rejoice in at last uncovering "Jem's wheels".

In this twisted twilight zone, maybe a fruit-themed pop heiress CAN be some sort of cultural lodestone. Maybe her unsightful verbage is actually keenly exploring some sort of bizarro-world human condition that we cannot even begin to comprehend. Maybe, terrifyingly, Peaches is the deep end of the Nylon intellectual pool!

So you see what you have done to me. You have put me in the terrible position of actually making some sort of sympathetic connection with Stonefruit Boomtownrat. I don't think I can loathe myself enough. Do you understand what sort of emotional hangups I will need to cultivate in order to deal with this?

Darn you. Darn you all to heck.

11. StillNoCouch
    Paris Hilton

Who is she again ?

It sounds to me that I should be thankful that I don't have a clue who this article is about.

12. Kevin Gurney

I have a real problem.......

With people who are "famous" for being the son / daughter / brother / sister of somebody "famous".

I have a bigger problem for people who are "famous" for being the boyfriend / girlfriend of the above.

Who gives a toss what Peaches thinks - it's not like her family are known for their fashion sense is it ????

13. Barry
    Thumb Down

Peaches = (female) Nathan Barley

Someone get her a job at trashbat.co.ck

14. Justin Pearson

@ AC

To you sir I award One Internet for possibly the most well thought out diatribe I have seen for many a long year.

I am very glad my coffee cup was empty as I would now be sans my monitor.

Also I am indebted to you for saving me from visiting the site myself as I was tempted to do. Not only have you saved me from adding to their visitor numbers you have also saved me much mental anguish.

"We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men. "

George Orwell

15. Dan Sumption
    Paris Hilton

Well dipped

"First dip into hackery"? I remember her writing comment pieces for, I think, the Independent when she was 15. Pretty good they were too.

16. Chris

Peaches Smeaches

Whoopee, she's defended by Courtney Love, the allegedly heroin addicted heiress who only managed to get famous by f*cking Kurt Cobain - both the man himself when he was alive, and the memory ever since he died.

17. Chris G

Hmmm Peaches Geldof!

Sounds like one of those dessert recipes conjured up for some forgotten gourmet in a moment of genius by a famous chef in the 1920s. Something overly rich but totally lacking in substance.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't follow fashion....

I know EXACTLY how she feels, poor thing.

I'm not interested in cars, I just drive my Bugatti Veyron because I like the colour. Fangio once told me you should always pick a colour you like.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

see icon

you stupid meddling child. don't you realise that the media is only giving you enough rope to hang yourself with... you cannot know anything other than your own closet at your age and the big bad world hasn't started on you yet - just wait 'till they find a video of you gobbing dick in a hotel room; then you will know what media attention is all about.

Fucking amateur.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh Peaches is in

you wait they will all be doing it - they will all want to dress to forget the depression, and frankly I don't blame them, have a bit of fun that is the main thing. Women don't dress for blokes, they dress for other women it is that simple.

Peaches will sail through this easily, one lambast from some fuddy duddies who have had one too many dictionaries shoved into various orifices and she has seen the worse they can offer.

On a brighter note, now that the UK is the second poorest country in the world, perhaps Peaches could organise a Band Aid for us and the US, you know where people go along, pay an entrance, donate some money, and other people go spend that money like, you know, in retail shops, to like, you know, to kick start this god awful economy back into gear. She would be a national heroine if she did that, and she could get Courtney to appear.

21. E

Just keep

...saying Brian Herbert.

Brian Herbert.

Brian Herbert.

Brian Herbert.

Brian Herbert.

Eventually you will fail and buy the book.

22. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Born in 1989

So call me when she's actually learned something in life.

If she's lucky, that'll be around 2029.

23. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Meta-Bollocks.

It's is indeed a load of crap about a load of crap.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

I lolled...

at Anonymous' post (01:09GMT).

It's funny cos it's true.

25. Dave

re Dan Sumption

By Dan Sumption Posted Wednesday 26th November 2008 17:59 GMT

"First dip into hackery"? I remember her writing comment pieces for, I think, the Independent when she was 15. Pretty good they were too.

Were you stoned?

Or is juvenile pretentious toss the level you operate on?

FFS our cat, randomly walking on the keyboard, could produce better prose than peaches, and is a lot more attractive

26. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

juvenile pretentious toss

... peaches geldolf, lindsay lohan, kelly osborne, chris moyles, channel4, the labour party... there's just soooooo much to chose from - what's your favourite?

27. jake Silver badge

The question remains ...

Freestone or cling?

This topic is closed for new posts.