back to article HP HDX16-1000 16in multimedia laptop

With laptop prices plunging, you'd expect a lot from a multimedia media machine that costs a grand, right? Well, HP has certainly jemmied a lot of tech into its new HDX, including a Blu-ray drive, a TV tuner and a 16in, 1080p full HD screen. HP HDX16-1010EA laptop HP's HDX16-1000: Big spec, big price tag The HDX16-1000 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jan
    Coat

Well worth the grand...

...since SWMBO will actually let you have it in first place, unlike most other "oh, you bought *another* computer" notebooks around. A mere two hundred pounds is a moderate surcharge for this.

One might even be allowed to place it on the living room table...

...the black one, please

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

I was expecting something better...

That notebook looks exactly like HP's dv7 which comes with a 17" screen, blu-ray, HDMI, 4GB ram, 320GB HDD...sounds pretty much the same spec, and is a fair bit cheaper. Why release basically the same model for a higher price?

3. Christian Berger
    Thumb Down

Shiny display?

A shiny display? For me that's a completely no-go. No matter what else it has to offer. I wanna see my data, not myself.

4. Tom
    Stop

the hdd

Are there better options for the HDD? for £1000, i would expect something significantly better than a 5400 RPM HDD, which is woefully underpowered for this kind of rig, any probably why the reviewer said that vista didnt feel 'snappy'.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Current Games?

"These Futuremark simulations work the system harder than current games, and we saw frame rates in the region of 60f/s in World of Warcraft, for example."

World of Warcrack is over 4 YEARS old, it's not current and it's graphics engine is about advanced as Quake 2. Try something like CrysisWarhead for a current game or Stalker Clear sky and this thing will crawl very very badly. For that price I would expect much much better 3D support.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like