back to article IT Crowd: spot Reg gear

The first episode of the third series of Graham Linehan's The IT Crowd is on Channel 4 tonight at 10.00pm. Regular readers might remember that the Reg's all-powerful merchandising arm stepped up to the plate when Linehan put out a request for geeky items to make the IT department look the part. So if you're watching tonight …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Have you turned it off and on again?

A welcome return for Moss, Roy, Jen - and even Douglas!

"I don't think I've ever looked in that drawer..."

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Comedy?

Lets hope they also remember to include some comedy this time.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Koff.... wheeze... ahem...

.. this wouldn't be product placement, per chance??

4. Nic Brough
    Coat

Title

Meh.

Well, that's what it said on Roy's shirt once, and it was around the time I rang C4 to complain about them stealing my wardrobe. My friends are taking bets on which one of our t-shirts will be on tonight.

Sadly, I hear that Richmond will not be in this series, but it'll be good to have Chris Morris back on screen again. I just hope they don't do what most British Sitcoms do in the third series and crap out.

Mine's the one with Meh spelt out in those screws you always have left over after reassembling a computer...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

But, errrrrr.....

...it's not funny?

6. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Fitting

Well IT Crowd isn't anything to do with IT either......

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

3rd Series?

eh? must be cheap to make or something - the reg shame on you for associating with this woefull cr@p

8. Aristotles slow and dimwitted horse
    Thumb Up

Sod the El Reg kit...

All I want to know is if Jen is still in the show. I'll be looking out for her used linger..... aaaahh I'll stop there.

9. Tom Paine
    Coat

Posters?

I'm looking forward to spotting the posters around the IT dungeon saying "Global Warming Is All A Conspiracy (And We've Seen Through The So-Called Experts)"!

10. Dominic Kua
    Paris Hilton

Wait let me get this straight...

You're advertising on your site for advertisement for your site?

The recursion alone is geeky enough!

Paris, because I need her brain to work this out.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: But, errrrrr.....

"...it's not funny?"

Bit harsh, although it has to be said that large parts of season 2 were pretty dire.

For those searching for something a little, erm, different, I can heartily recommend "Code Monkeys" - it's an acquired taste, but if you 'get' it then it's bloody funny.

12. LaeMi Qian
    Thumb Down

IT Crowd seems popular...

...amongst certain IT support people where I work who call other IT people geeks geek because they actually know a bit about how computers work (as opposed to just knowing which buttons/menus on the screen to try clicking on). Cubicles lined with Microsoft certs but don't understand the difference between a full format and a quick format, for instance.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

The longer I work in I.T....

... the more like Roy I seem to become.

Or, to be more accurate, the more I realise I have always been similar to Roy, but am becoming more so.

You want me to fix your printer? But, you can't tell me what it's name is, or where (on the network) it is located? And you want that now? And you are *certain* it isn't just out of paper? You are certain?

14. Alex Staples
    Happy

Spotted it

It's on the front of Moss's desk :)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

Prize?

I spotted several reg classics... what's my prize???

16. This post has been deleted by its author

17. Ryan Barrett

BOFH tee spotted

On the Irish man!

18. Winkypop Silver badge
    Thumb Up

IT Crowd

Is hilarious!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

shIT crowd

i didnae spot anything reg related ???

pretty disappointing first episode i thought. it started off quite promising but the three storylines which constituted the episode never really went anywhere. it seemed to peter out at the end like my primary school essays, when i used to get bored scribbling halfway through and write 'then i woke up and found it was all a dream'.

matt berry is stealing the show these days, as reynholm's son. by far the funniest character. more of him please!

and less of that godawful fucking katherine parkinson [jen]. she completely ruins every episode with her absolutely pathetically unfunny and irritating performances. here's a handy hint for you, luv - there's more to being a good comedy actor than pulling a face like a startled goldfish, flapping your hands up and down and... leaving... big... gasping... pauses... between... your... words. i havenae seen such a masterful playng of the 'lets stick a reasonably attractive girl in for the lads - even though she'll completely ruin the whole thing' card since they brought that equally dire chloe annet in to play kochanski and kill off red dwarf.

20. Ed

Its a fun show but.....

The show we really want to see is BOFH

Now every salt of the earth IT person repeat after me

BOFH!!!!

BOFH!!!!

BOFH!!!!

BOFH!!!!

21. Law
    Paris Hilton

funny episode

I thought it was pretty good this week!!

Best sketch they've done though is the piracy warning episode... hilarious and very VERY true.

Did I notice a "the cake is a lie" tshirt near the end, sported by the irish one... god I miss portal...

22. Christian Berger

Wrong expectations

The IT Crowd is not about IT. It wouldn't work that way. Keep in mind that this is television. 90% of it's viewers have never actually used a general purpose computer.

They couldn't possibly make it be about IT as then only geeks would understand it.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Altogether now, 0118 999 881 999 119 725...3

That is all

24. Stuart Page
    Stop

IT Crowd is very funny

Ok, here's the truth: IT Crowd IS funny, Jen is hot, and funny, Reynholm's son is also very funny, and what's it got to do with IT? Oh, yeah, it's set in an IT department. D'oh! Those wondering what the IT angle is are probably a bit uncomfortable with how accurate the characters of Moss & Roy really are.

There. If you don't agree, you're wrong.

25. Ross Fleming
    Thumb Up

"Nice glasses"

Aw, I don't care what people say - I love the IT Crowd. Bear in mind, it's only the setting, the whole story line doesn't need to revolve around IT. They've taken the stereotypical view of IT experts, along with some good nods to some things we'll relate to (boss who knows jack all about IT, unappreciative colleagues).

Some comedy gold in there, both for IT viewers and non. Highlights have got to be Roy pretending to be disabled, even though it's got bugger all to do with IT.

26. Alan Fisher

turning into Roy

me too...especially on Monday mornings....

am a right cantankerous git with users who don't even know how to login of a morning!

27. Eddie Edwards
    Happy

Can anyone tell me?

Can anyone tell me what the intersection of the Venn diagram on Roy's T-shirt said? I missed the whole episode trying to read it.

28. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Eddie Edwards

The Venn diagram...

http://whythatsdelightful.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/music-i1.gif?w=341&h=198

I watched the episode on Friday and laughed maybe twice. I hope it improves.

29. 2FishInATank
    Thumb Up

@Can anyone tell me?

The Venn diagram said 'music I like' on the left, 'music you like' on the right and 'music I used to like' in the intersection.

It's from the - rather good IMHO - online comic Diesel Sweeties http://www.dieselsweeties.com/

30. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

The T-shirt

The T-shirt had "Music I like" and "Music You Like" as the two main parts of the Venn diagram with "Music I used to like" as the intersection.

31. Steve
    IT Angle

are they MCSE's or sommit?

Not accurate. Now if the users were a bit dumber and the IT staff of normal intelligence or above that would be a start.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Some pretty sad people here...

I agree with the "ShIT Crowd". Not funny, and if you agree that it is funny: I would sincerely question if you used to be an Accountant :)

I second the BOFH call..

BOFH!!

BOFH!!

BOFH!!

BOFH!!

BOFH!!

BOFH!!

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I'm an IT Manager

and I think documentaries like this are really irresponsible.

34. James Prior
    Go

I work in an IT Support office ..

.. with a girl geek genuinely called Jen, a tall bloke with big hair that's very much like Roy (including the attitude) and someone who is a spitting image of Moss (complete with the dressed by his mum look)

To me this is just like watching out department on the CCTV.

35. Gary
    Joke

@James Prior

I guess that makes you that weird gay guy who lives in the server room then!

I jest of course.

This topic is closed for new posts.