back to article Reuters yanks reporter from Sadville

Reuters has pulled its embedded reporter out of Second Life, it confirmed today. We were prompted to check in on Adam Reuters - real name Adam Pasick - yesterday, after Google sounded the death knell for its own four and a half-month-old Sadville, (not) Lively*. We were shocked to find there hasn't been a new story on Reuters …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Did the Reg Cameras catch this on film?

"Reports of a marketing evac team swooping in a virtual huey to snatch Eric Reuters from the firm's Sadville bureau - while harried by squadrons of flying penises and pursued by crazed locals bent on acts of bestial sexual brutality - could not be confirmed."

Quick get the Toy box out hint hint.

2. shay mclachlan

embedded

Given the amount of online shagging that seems to go on in Second Life, the concept of an embedded reporter is entirely appropriate.

3. James O'Brien
    Coat

Ummm

Boohoo? This is the first I have heard Reuters lowered themselves to have a reporter there......

/Mines the one with the DoP* script in the pocket

*Denial of Penis

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Huey? Phooey!

It just has to be a zeppelin.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Damn...

Now I won't be able to source a "reliable" news source on the Sadville scams like the "World Stock Exchange". Its owner went into an editing war on the WSE Wikipedia article, reverting criticism on his business; and most critical sources are blogs, which of course aren't deemed "reliable".

Except with Sadville, it is hard to find a "reliable" news source that gives a damn. Oops.

6. Ned Fowden

useless reporting

to hear that they've stopped reportng is not a surprise, considering the fact their reporting was just about nonexistant anyway.

i'm still surprised however that only insiders report on the people who do frequent secondlife, from the scripters/coders, builders, artists and many others who use this as a creative outlet.

the one specific thing that has quite bothered me is the lack of reporting regarding music artists who perform live sets on a very frequent basis.

there are many of these people performing to (obviously) small numbers of people, but on a regular basis.

perhaps it's about time people got past the negative reporting produced by certain people, ignoring the predominant sexual quarters and too to actually looking at the creative side of this media for once

yes, i am a secondlife user (although not so much recently), even so, the creativity shown in secondlife is extremely under appreciated

This topic is closed for new posts.