back to article Virgin Mobile Lobster 621 budget phone

Virgin’s bizarrely named Lobster brand of youth-oriented mobiles tends towards the cheap and cheerful an the emphasis on value for money rather than specs with big numbers. And so it is with the 621, which wouldn’t raise any tech-head eyebrows with its spec sheet, but still manages to impress by packing in a few functions that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sam

lack of a data cable

So get a USB cable..not exactly a deal breaker, is it?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Cable

that connector looks exactly like a mini USB so I suspect the cable wouldn't be too hard to find (or adaptor)

Cheap good looking phone. Nice

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cable again

Even a clone of Nokia's CA-101 proprietary USB cable can be bought from DealExtreme for about £2, so this one should pose no difficulty at all.

4. Sam

Yep

Standard USB A to mini A should do it.

5. Richard Boyce
    Thumb Down

Standby time of up to 10 hours??

That's the lowest I've ever seen. This would explain why the price is being reduced.

It's not very mobile if it's got to be plugged in to the mains most of the time.

6. Richard Wheeler
    Jobs Horns

cable saga

points taken that the cable is inexpensive, easy to get hold off etc, so why wouldn't the manufacturer include one? Hardly going to break their bank now is it...!

7. Ben Bonsall

Rock

The EQ setting called rock would cut out most of the bass if the bass performance if the speaker is weak. Otherwise you just get ghastly distortion and power wasted where it can't be heard. Although, as it's aimed at kids, they may as well just turn all the bands to +10, cos that's what they'll do anyway.

8. Ascylto

Just in time for ...

Christmas!

I suppose they're hoping the Lobster will feature in goods bought by Santa Claws!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like