back to article Smut email hubby claims iPhone glitch

A cheating hubby who apparently emailed the extramarital object of his affections a candid snap of himself via his iPhone claimed the whole thing was a glitch after his missus rumbled his dirty dealings. The whole sorry tale is outlined on this discussion, which begins: Please help! I took my husband's i-phone and found a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Clear up afterwards...

The moral of this story is surely, if you are gonna use technology to cheat, be careful to make sure you clear any evidence...

PH - Because I bet she has "accidently" emailed indecent photo's

2. Alex
    Paris Hilton

"In the interests of rigorous journalism"

LOL!! I think you got more than you bargained for there!!

Paris, just for pleasure..

3. Colin MacLean

And the moral of the story is...

Password lock your phone.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Obviously a bug

I mean what else could it be? Computers do all kinds of strange things all the time. For example it replaces my carefully worded reply with swearwords when I send email to my boss. I would think that they would fix that bug as soon as possible but it's been like this for a long time already.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

iMarriage?

Hope her iLawyer is a good one as the iSettlement will need to be good in the iDivorce.

Paris, cause she knows how it feels to have multimedia content distributed via the Internet.

6. Graham Jordan

Ameture

Delete it from your sent items box you muppet!

I don't know, you have an affair and you can't even do that properly

7. neb
    Alert

haha

pwned!

now to delete my outbox ;o)

8. Kev
    Alert

Privacy Concerns...

That erikislame is also interested in covering his tracks... it doesn't look good for him!

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=4873062#4873062

9. Luke Wells

Only an Apple fanboy ......

.... would wa*k over their phone.

I wondered how long it would be till something like this happens.

10. jubtastic1

Epic

Fail

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Serves her right for reading his email.

Reading your partners email, phone messages, diary etc. is just asking to find out something you really didn't want (or need) to know.

Stupid bint.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Got what she deserved

Shouldn't have been snooping round his phone then, should she?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I don't know why...

...but "sock-puppet" sounds a bit wrong in this context!

14. david

Oh well...

...it's a better try than 'the panda's made me do it.'

That one never works for me either...

15. Mike
    Jobs Halo

ROTFL

Just....well....

ROTFL.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

your marriage depends on it..

It certainly does if you are checking my sent folder on my iPhone when i am not looking.

Anybody who does this kind of clandestine investigation e.g. looking at partners' texts / email, is someone looking to be binned.

Course, if i was with some other bit of strumpet, i would admit to it... multiple women are just too much hassle to maintain!

17. P.Nutt
    Coat

He must have been under stress

To have thought up an excuse as lame as that. He could have at least claimed his doctor was wanting to check his prostate was functioning and wanted him to emai the results due to the surgery being closed for the weekend!

Or

Yeah Darling, I was drunk and I emailed my boss saying this is how much of a wanker he is!

Or

You mean you didnt receive my sexy picture....Who the hell did I send it to...OMG!!!!

I lost my ticket can I still have my coat?

18. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Playmobil

It's a worthy candidate - surely Playmobil has an iPhone out for their "people" now?

19. Dan
    Stop

Err...

Forget the question of a bug - why was he taking pics like that anyway? Everyone knows about the awful lag between clicking and the actual picture being taken - it's common on almost every digi camera, especially the cheap ones. He's got some skill!

Someone needs to out the IP of the two posters who agreed with her husband.

20. Phil Cooke
    Coat

Lame

ROFL, what a nub!

21. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

when you say 'such a good shot'

are you referring the by-product of the moment *cough*

or to the actual photo?

22. Connor Garvey
    Black Helicopters

Bothered

Does anyone else notice that the "wife" seems really upbeat and not too bothered by all of this?

23. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

exact moment of maximum pleasure

The guy has some pretty good photography skills if he can compose and take a photo at said moment. Unless, like his Mrs said, he had lots of practice.

I could be wrong, and this is the latest killer app for the Jesus* phone.

* well arent' we all converted at the moment of maximum pleasure.

Paris etc.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Happens to me as well

I often seem to have sent photos of myself, pleasing myself to woman. I shall use this website as proof that is Apple's fault and not mine when I'm up in front of the judge next week :-)

I wonder if Paris wants pix of me since I seem to have alot of her, pleasing not only herself - who knows her number ?

25. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

mmm... better excuse?

jesus made me do it!

26. Jolyon Ralph
    Happy

Shocked at the lack of support from the males.

I'd have expected a hundred or so posts from guys around the world saying the problem is genuine.

27. thomas k.

misreading it?

Am I the only one to misread that as "in the interest of vigorous journalism"?

28. stu
    Happy

First face shot, then smile shot...

Wow camera technology is really coming on.

Cum-Shot(tm) mode ?

29. Anonymous Coward
    Linux

@Jolyon Ralph

Ah.. the good old days when your missus could phone any one of your mates and they would all claim that you had been with them the entire previous night :o)

Tux, because he slept here last night, on my couch.

30. PsyWulf
    Black Helicopters

Obviously a bug

I mean the iPhone has bugs to cover every topic,infidelity surely should be covered. However I must commend Mr Jobs - his team will surely add a security feature to quash this bug

/sarcasm while laughing end

Bug because this obviously is one

31. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Another reason the iPhone sucks

My HTC TyTN never tells on anyone that I've been going on those coin-operated horsey rides!

Skull and crossbones. Because I like pretending to be a cowboy pirate when I ride those.

32. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Shocked at the lack of support from the males.

That's because real males don't buy iPhones, only (fan)boys.

33. Adrian Jones
    Happy

Nice to see...

...the "Still Sending Naked Email?" article being linked from this one. :)

34. Dave
    Stop

@PsyWulf

Bug? Its a helicopter !!

35. Thomas Baker
    Paris Hilton

@Jolyon Ralph

When I first started reading it I thought that some kind blokes had done exactly that, just randomly supported one of their fellow men by planting enough doubt in her mind as to sway her into at least inertia. Alas no. We brothers must stick together, but not literally.

And to echo other posters, if she's reading his email behind his back then she's almost certainly psycho material anyway and needs ditching asap. Best thing that could've happened to him really.

It supports the whole "women's-intuition-is-probably-bullshit" argument in that they're no more intuitive than a Halford's car sponge; they just snoop, pry and scheme continuously and thus know stuff they shouldn't.

Paris, because she has enough money to pay other people to spy on you and your Sent Items.

36. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Marriage

if I ever get married, I guarantee you that will be the day I install file system encryption on the hard drive. Enough said.

37. Ken H
    Flame

Autologin

And that be why I NEVER leave the check box "Remember me on this computer" checked (like the one to post this)!!!!

38. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

Judgement

'Judgement' is for real. I know him. And I've had real troubles with ranchy pictures on my iphone too.

39. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

To all those saying it's her fault/that she shouldn't have been looking...

You got something to hide then?

"Don't want to know" is different from "Doesn't deserve to know". She deserves to know if her hub is cheating on her - go and look up marriage vows. If you honestly believe he was in the right, you should never get married, or ever have any kind of relationship other than perhaps a jar of pasta-sauce. He is def. the one who needs ditching (and she was probably looking because she already suspected).

Thumbs down to anyone who belittles marriage.

40. Russell Preece
    Paris Hilton

I know it's not perfect, but...

...I'm referring to the JesusPhone as the iPonse at the moment. If you forget about the "h" then a quick jumble of the letters produces the exact sentiment for people that purchase these devices, no?

Paris, because I'll probably need some of her oral skills to get Orange to give me an HTC Touch HD for free when my contract comes up in December...

41. GFK1
    Coat

not the same guy...

The two defensive posts are from different guys, or one clever guy - grammar styles are quite different.

its vs it's

I have vs I've

Anyone dumb enough to leave that evidence lying around wouldn't be that clever, would he??

...mine's with the CSI kit in the pocket

42. sath
    Coat

phew

Good thing i don't have an iphone :)

Mines the one with the ordinary mobile phone in the left pocket

43. Cortland Richmond

Palindromic Phone Pic?

Lewd did I live; evil I did dwel

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like