back to article Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.67GHz desktop processor

Earlier this week, we reviewed the impressive yet ridiculously expensive Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850. Now it's the turn of another processor Intel announced this week, one that you can actually afford, the Core 2 Duo E6750. Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Intel's new 1333MHz frontside bus hasn't made a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rich Silver badge

Still Buggy?

So, have Intel sorted out any of the bugs in the Core Duo, some of which are "interesting" (for "interesting", read "errr ....I'll try something else, thanks")

http://www.geek.com/images/geeknews/2006Jan/core_duo_errata__2006_01_21__full.gif

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Doesn't it seem like the faster bus *should* make more of a difference?

Seems to me that the faster bus should have a larger impact than it does (1 to 2%?)

So my question is, can we ID what the real bottleneck is, and maybe the next gen chip can address that?

3. Tom

Intel Thermal Analysis Tool

My understanding is that this utility is only intended to be used with mobile CPUs. It cannot be relied upon to be accurate for other Intel products ( in fact, the consensus seems to be that it is way off).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

your all wet

the e6700 and e6750 are overclocked chips it so happens

that it's OK to do that they can take it but I hate to see people

say this is a bug etc or it's the errata all chips have these things

get over it you would never know of it if they hadn't published

the information I am using one of those chips it's a delight

but when you increase the heat and the voltage you are going

to decrease stability and lifespan of all components live with it.

One other thing these chips will be much cheaper much sooner

than anything AMD ever made.

5. Leo Waldock

Thermal Analysis Tool

I'm not taking the numbers as holy writ however I only ran the tool as I could feel the expelled air was cooler on E6750 than with E6700.

Had i said 'I think it runs cooler' I would fully expect readers to ask how much cooler. This may not be a full answer but I hope it's better than nothing.

This topic is closed for new posts.